The Student Room Group

college personal statements

guys can anyone explain how I should start writing my personal statement for college? What's the structure I should use?
Reply 1
Ucas has a really good video on personal statements
Focus on key skills. Describe the important ones like teamwork etc. Give detail too. For example if you have ever worked in a busy office say how it has allowed you to develop teamwork. Same applies to communication, all that you need to do is to find a real life situation which you then can use as a good quality example to prove that you do have that skill.
Provide some more information in order to help to convince them. Another example if you have actually planned a cool masked ball, outline what you did and talk about the skills which you have gained as a result of doing so. For starters you could briefly touch on event planning skills and the like here. Use both your leisure interests and any spare time hobbies as a way to achieve this. Write at least one paragraph here. Love chess? In detail go over the skills which are picked up. The main skills that are needed here are strategic planning skills.

Quick Reply

Latest