Could changing "overseas" to "home" cause an offer to be revoked?

Watch
ProfPukov
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
If you get an offer, but you want to change your fee status (e.g. from the overseas rate to the home rate), could that get your offer revoked? Does anyone know of anyone who got their offer revoked after trying to change their fee status?
I've got an UCL offer as an "overseas" student though according to the latest gov.uk page I am eligible as "home" (UK passport in EU)
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Contact the university and tell them that they have put you in the wrong fee class.
Retronomical
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Depends. Some universities will compare your interview score with the “home” cohort and sometimes this may lead to your offer being revoked. Other universities will not revoke your offer no matter what. I know a friend who changed status and had his offer revoked from one of his choices but went through with his other. Contact the university and they’ll give you a straightforward answer.
Last edited by Retronomical; 7 months ago
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Its unlikely they'd withdraw your offer, but it is theoretically possible - many Unis have different target numbers for Home and Overseas fee payers. All you can do is email them with the new info and see what they say.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ProfPukov)
If you get an offer, but you want to change your fee status (e.g. from the overseas rate to the home rate), could that get your offer revoked? Does anyone know of anyone who got their offer revoked after trying to change their fee status?
I've got an UCL offer as an "overseas" student though according to the latest gov.uk page I am eligible as "home" (UK passport in EU)
You need to contact UCL and ask them to conduct a fee status assessment.

It’s unlikely to be a problem for UCL. It can be a problem for Scottish universities where home fees numbers are strictly capped by the government.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.9%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (74)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (89)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.32%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (40)
5.76%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (74)
10.65%
Financial worries (43)
6.19%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.46%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (22)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (67)
9.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.91%

Watched Threads