EmilyBatty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’m interested in studying zoology and geography but I don’t know which.
Anyone with an insight on my best chances of employment in both fields - please let me know! Also is there much wildlife work in geography?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can get a job in bascically any field after graduation because of the skills you learnt. Although a relevant degree sometimes helps.

Are there any unis that do those two as a combined/joint honours?
EmilyBatty
Rep:
?
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
You can get a job in bascically any field after graduation because of the skills you learnt. Although a relevant degree sometimes helps.

Are there any unis that do those two as a combined/joint honours?
I’ve only found one but it’s not a university I’d like to go to. I’d love to go to Exeter and if I choose geography I’d apply for Oxford. (They don’t do zoology)
Emily.xoxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I know Oxford do zoology as a Master's and Cambridge you can apply to do Natural Sciences which then moves onto zoology. I was stuck between zoology or Geography, they both provide loads of jobs equally. I chose zoology in the end as I was more interested in animals and more a biological aspect of science rather than Geography. Geography is more to do with almost earth sciences like Tectonics and Coasts (depending on whether you are doing Bsci or BA, BA is more social aspect of Geography like Globalisation etc), whereas Zoology is a biological science focusing on animals. Personally, I would choose a subject that you would find most interesting, at the end of the day job prospectuses are high which ever uni degree you do. Good luck!
EmilyBatty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.xoxo)
I know Oxford do zoology as a Master's and Cambridge you can apply to do Natural Sciences which then moves onto zoology. I was stuck between zoology or Geography, they both provide loads of jobs equally. I chose zoology in the end as I was more interested in animals and more a biological aspect of science rather than Geography. Geography is more to do with almost earth sciences like Tectonics and Coasts (depending on whether you are doing Bsci or BA, BA is more social aspect of Geography like Globalisation etc), whereas Zoology is a biological science focusing on animals. Personally, I would choose a subject that you would find most interesting, at the end of the day job prospectuses are high which ever uni degree you do. Good luck!
Thank you so much - very useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.52%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.96%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.09%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
38.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.09%

Watched Threads