Swansea vs Bath vs Newcastle for Computer Science MSc

Watch
Pengibaby94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have offers from all of these universities for a MSc in Computer Science, but I'm not sure which is the best for the best study experience and for job searching in the future.Could someone give me some suggestions please?
EternalStudenten
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would say Newcastle - it is a very good uni - it is also part of the Russell Group which at the MSc level might matter purely due to the amount of research projects and resources you might be able to use. Also, Newcastle is an amazing place to live, great for student life but also a nice place to stay even after the MSc. They also have some good PhD programmes in certain areas of Computer Science I believe and the MSc might open some doors there through connecting with potential supervisors / getting to know the department better.
University of Bath Postgraduate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Pengibaby94)
I have offers from all of these universities for a MSc in Computer Science, but I'm not sure which is the best for the best study experience and for job searching in the future.Could someone give me some suggestions please?
Hi Pengibaby94

Great to hear you're considering studying your postgraduate degree in Computer Science at the University of Bath!

I'm not studying this course in particular, but I am studying an Msc course so I can give an insight into the teaching structure given current restrictions. So, for most courses we have 4 hours of in-person teaching per week, although you can choose to complete this virtually. Outside of this, all lectures and classes are online, unless they need to be in-person for use of equipment or some other reason. What this means is there is a good balance of in-person and virtual teaching and I've found that my lecturers have adapted the content really well to suit online learning.

As I don't study Computer Science, I won't be able to give my opinion of the course. However, you can have a look at the course page for information about the course structure, current students' opinions, and the modules you'd complete: https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/postg...puter-science/ . We also have a virtual postgraduate open day coming up on Wednesday 3rd February. I'd really recommend coming along to this to find out more about the course. You can register here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/exp...tual-open-day/

I also completed my undergraduate degree here at Bath so I know the city and student life here quite well. So I'm happy to answer any questions you have about life in Bath!

I hope this has helped!

Meg
Msc Applied Clinical Psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.05%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (118)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.62%

Watched Threads