Someonerandom09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Transfering unis or other optionsSo I've applied to start uni in 2021 for a management course. Since then I've realised I want to study economics instead. On top of that I've realised that I'm able to achieve higher grades this year than I thought (where I live the government is basically giving you an extra 5-10% on your exam grade because of covid). So I've now been accepted to Nottingham and am still waiting for decisions from Warwick, KCL and Durham. I want to transfer to either UCL or LSE. From what I've seen they don't allow adjustment at the end of the application cycle. What are my options to get in? Also is it a good idea to take a gap year and reapply next year if I achieve the required grades?Lastly, if I were to attend a uni I've already applied to, how would I transfer courses? And is it common?Thank you in advance for your replies, it's very appreciated!
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Better to wait a year and apply next year. Hard to transfer courses once you are selected for a particular course.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Someonerandom09)
Transfering unis or other optionsSo I've applied to start uni in 2021 for a management course. Since then I've realised I want to study economics instead. On top of that I've realised that I'm able to achieve higher grades this year than I thought (where I live the government is basically giving you an extra 5-10% on your exam grade because of covid). So I've now been accepted to Nottingham and am still waiting for decisions from Warwick, KCL and Durham. I want to transfer to either UCL or LSE. From what I've seen they don't allow adjustment at the end of the application cycle. What are my options to get in? Also is it a good idea to take a gap year and reapply next year if I achieve the required grades?Lastly, if I were to attend a uni I've already applied to, how would I transfer courses? And is it common?Thank you in advance for your replies, it's very appreciated!
You can ask the universities that you have applied to to swap your course now.

If you get the grades and want to go to ucl/lse then your best option would be to take a gap year and reapply next autumn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.77%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
13.21%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
15.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
39.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads