Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Is there anyone who has or is predicted 8/9 at any of the following GCSE
English& English lit, maths, triple science, French,
History, RE, citizenship,
I’d be interested in getting some general advice
From someone who has been through the exams. what I’m looking for is help with notes/ revision & exam techniques
Last edited by absolutelysprout; 6 months ago
YGSK
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I’ve done history and got a 9.

Go online and search up exam questions for your topics, and do as many of them as you can.

If you do edexcel, then let me know down below and I’ll send u a structure for paper 3

I don’t do business, but am getting 9s in the rest because of 1 think - exam practice.

Maths and science don’t bother making notes. Go on maths genie and maths made easy to do as many questions as u can. For science - the questions you see that keep on coming up again and again and again - write them on a flash card - and these are ur notes.

RE just make up 24 markers for yourself. Type online RE exam questions on TES and plenty will come up. Do these 24 markers (this is a 1 maker, 2 marker, 4 marker, 5 marker and 12 marker) - and get it marked by a teacher.

French go to the vocab list on the aqa website and just go through the vocab and learn it. For thé writing - steal phrases from the reading papers that look really hard - and memorise them. You know these phrases are complex and correct.

English language just practice. English lit make essay plans and do essays to get them graded by your teacher. Once u have ur essays marked, re-do them again and again and keep on getting them marked until they are grade 9.

Sorry I don’t do citizenship either but primrose kitten does videos for it!

Good luck 😉
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Oxo121)
Is there anyone who has or is predicted 8/9 at any of the following GCSE
English& English lit, maths, triple science, French,
History, RE, citizenship,
I’d be interested in getting some general advice
From someone who has been through the exams. what I’m looking for is help with notes/ revision & exam techniques Time will be paid for.
Heya I got 9s in English Lit, Maths, all of the sciences
For English Lit:
- Make flashcards for important quotes on one side and general analysis on the other side
- Make mindmaps for important themes
- Write essays/essay plans (aim to do at least one every week) and get a teacher to look it over for you
If I'm being honest I have no clue how I got a 9 I was getting 5s throughout the year

For maths:
- Literally, the only way to revise is questions
- Print out the spec and get different coloured highlighters and go through the spec
- What are your weak points and what are your strong points?
- There's no point in working on your strong points - sure it'll boost your confidence, but you're wasting time going over stuff you already get, think of the confidence boost you'll get when you finally understand a weak topic, it's so much better than going over something you're confident in trust me
- Questions on your weak points
Good websites for maths questions: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/ https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html https://www.maths4everyone.com/resou...-by-topic.html
- When you strengthen your weak points, attempt past papers in exam conditions, if you run out of the ones on the website linked above, make your own by mixing questions from different topics

For the sciences:
- Once again, the best thing to do is questions, however before you attempt any questions, make notes and look over your notes like half an hour in advance before doing questions
- Again, target your weak areas first, and if you start to forget your stronger areas, go over them but please don't prioritise strong points to make yourself feel better
- Flashcards didn't really help me much but they were good for food tests or important equations
- Mindmaps are good for notes on an entire topic and they're fun to make as well
- Of course, the best note-taking method entirely depends on you, different people learn using different ways
- Every now and then, try to make a mindmap (can be messy) on a topic that you haven't visited in a while to practice your recall (I think this could be useful for other subjects as well)
- Remember again, PPQs are your best friend, a lot of questions will repeat in exams, as you'll see when you practice with PPQs

If you need help with anything I'll try to help you as best as I can! Drop me a DM if you're confused or if you want me to elaborate
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (20)
40%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (13)
26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (6)
12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
10%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed