The Student Room Group

Close guy friends vs boyfriend

Girls, how do you see your best guy friends vs your boyfriend? How do you treat them differently and in terms of what you do, how different is it?
Idk that’s why I’ve got a fwb🤣
Reply 2
Original post by anaindiemood
Idk that’s why I’ve got a fwb🤣

How?
Original post by Anonymous
How?

How what? Hahah
Girls, how do you see your best guy friends vs your boyfriend? How do you treat them differently and in terms of what you do, how different is it?

I sleep with my boyfriend, I don't sleep with my guy friends...
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
I sleep with my boyfriend, I don't sleep with my guy friends...

Is that the only difference?
The main difference is romantic and sexual, surely?
Sure, I might cook dinner with my partner one night and cook dinner with a friend on another night, for example, but the vibe is very different, and I certainly wouldn't sleep with my friend afterwards :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by becausethenight
The main difference is romantic and sexual, surely?
Sure, I might cook dinner with my partner one night and cook dinner with a friend on another night, for example, but the vibe is very different, and I certainly wouldn't sleep with my friend afterwards :tongue:

In what way is the vibe different?
Reply 8
i don't hit on them or try to flirt with them. not sure what the question is tbh. :dontknow:
In what way is the vibe different?

Er, I'm not sure this is something that can be fully explained without just experiencing it. It's just different - one is friendly and loving, and one is romantic and loving.
Is that the only difference?

no, the vibe with male friends is totally different
no, the vibe with male friends is totally different

How?
How?

We are not attracted to each other. I avoid friendships with guys I find attractive.
We are not attracted to each other. I avoid friendships with guys I find attractive.

How do you know they don’t find you attractive?
How do you know they don’t find you attractive?

Because I distance myself away if they start to act in a way that makes me think they might be attracted to me. Plus a fair proportion of my closer male friends over the years have been gay :tongue:
Because I distance myself away if they start to act in a way that makes me think they might be attracted to me. Plus a fair proportion of my closer male friends over the years have been gay :tongue:

Interesting. How do guys act that make you think they might be attracted to you?
Interesting. How do guys act that make you think they might be attracted to you?

It's hard to describe. But every time I've thought a guy liked me, I have been correct.

Quick Reply

Latest