whats your understanding of the UAL colleges??

Watch
leeaahlee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi all, im applying for fine art at Central Saint Martins and Chelsea as well as Fine art sculpture at Camberwells for 2021 Entry! Im from Ireland and Im finding it really hard to gauge a sense for the colleges since theres no physical open days this year. Whats everyones expierences with these colleges/ what have you heard, in relation to social life/tutors/space/teaching methods/course structure, any little nugget of information will help!! Also good luck to all applying this year !
Violetmafleming
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’ve applied for camberwell sculpture too! I didn’t get to go to the open days but I’ve visited the colleges before, did you have a interview for camberwell?
Violetmafleming
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I attended the online open days though! They were really good
kadygarrett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by leeaahlee)
Hi all, im applying for fine art at Central Saint Martins and Chelsea as well as Fine art sculpture at Camberwells for 2021 Entry! Im from Ireland and Im finding it really hard to gauge a sense for the colleges since theres no physical open days this year. Whats everyones expierences with these colleges/ what have you heard, in relation to social life/tutors/space/teaching methods/course structure, any little nugget of information will help!! Also good luck to all applying this year !
Ive applied to CSM Fine Art (for 2nd year transfer) and have been o both a in person open day (last year) and an online. Csm is very prestigious and harder to get into/they want the best of the best. Furthermore, im sure you know from your research of the course, their fine art course is split into 4 pathways instead of mediums, meaning art outcomes are based around discourses with peers in the same pathways, rather than mediums like painting etc. CSM is alot more experimental and free, aswell as idea and discussion led. I sound like a CSM ambassador but i honestly love the university and cant wait to go in september!
Violetmafleming
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I really hope to hear back soon! I’m planning on going into year 1 at camberwell without a foundation in the open day online they said they have about 100 applicants for 30 places which is not too bad! I wanted to go to csm but a foundation year is required and after looking in more depth i feel better suited to study at camberwell with the pathway structure! I had my interview two weeks ago and they said they’d get back in about a week but there may be a covid delay so not sure if I’m in yet! I really hope I get in and get to go in September
Freyathorgood
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey, I've just had an offer for fine art photography at Camberwell! good luck with yours! I've heard that Camberwell is really friendly and open minded whereas colleges like Chelsea and csm are a lot more pushy x
Violetmafleming
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Congrats on your offer!
leeaahlee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Violetmafleming)
I really hope to hear back soon! I’m planning on going into year 1 at camberwell without a foundation in the open day online they said they have about 100 applicants for 30 places which is not too bad! I wanted to go to csm but a foundation year is required and after looking in more depth i feel better suited to study at camberwell with the pathway structure! I had my interview two weeks ago and they said they’d get back in about a week but there may be a covid delay so not sure if I’m in yet! I really hope I get in and get to go in September
Hey! okay that's reassuring at least. My interview for camberwell is in a week it was the only one available. I really liked the vibe of sculpture at camberwell, the tutors sounded really nice / great environment from the online open day. Have you heard back from your interview yet???
Violetmafleming
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nope! Not yet they’re taking ages! The interview was a really good in the way it was set out, She first asked why I’m not taking a foundation year and then we started talking about my portfolio and going through it, then she asked me 3 questions at the end! It felt more like a conversation than an interview, good luck let me know how it goes x
Violetmafleming
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by leeaahlee)
Hey! okay that's reassuring at least. My interview for camberwell is in a week it was the only one available. I really liked the vibe of sculpture at camberwell, the tutors sounded really nice / great environment from the online open day. Have you heard back from your interview yet???
^^^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed