Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I think my computer has malware on it. My old computer had malware and it was so bad I had to stop using it and now I think the same virus has entered my current computer (and I don't know why this is happening I don't access dodgy sites at all). I have asked my dad kindly if he could get me a new one so I can do my uni work but I don't think that is happening until next year. Anyway I have a 2 hour 30 min test that opens on Wednesday and closes on Friday and an assignment due on Friday which I was working on before it crashed and I won't be able to access them. Now it says 'detail gateway unavailable' and I had two virus softwares that have somehow uninstalled themselves and I'm really stressing out because my dad is probably going to blame me when I don't know why this keeps happening and I really need to submit my work due and London's probably going into tier 3 on Wednesday and my uni is in another city so I'm basically ****** any idea of how I can get through this??
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Can you still get into your computer? If so, re-install your anti-virus software and run a check of the computer. It should be able to identify if there is anything there, and will attempt to remove it. Always keep copies of your Uni work on a removeable drive (don't leave it plugged into your computer - just plug it in when doing a backup), that way you won't lose any work if it it Malware. Take care and stay safe.
tfpm80
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
ok
Maestoso58
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think my computer has malware on it. My old computer had malware and it was so bad I had to stop using it and now I think the same virus has entered my current computer (and I don't know why this is happening I don't access dodgy sites at all). I have asked my dad kindly if he could get me a new one so I can do my uni work but I don't think that is happening until next year. Anyway I have a 2 hour 30 min test that opens on Wednesday and closes on Friday and an assignment due on Friday which I was working on before it crashed and I won't be able to access them. Now it says 'detail gateway unavailable' and I had two virus softwares that have somehow uninstalled themselves and I'm really stressing out because my dad is probably going to blame me when I don't know why this keeps happening and I really need to submit my work due and London's probably going into tier 3 on Wednesday and my uni is in another city so I'm basically ****** any idea of how I can get through this??
Could you work on the test on a computer elsewhere e.g. school, library? I think your teacher/professor would understand your failure to submit your assignment due to malware, and I assume you can't have any cheat sheets during the test so you wouldn't need your own computer for the test anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.1%
England (108)
33.96%
Belgium (27)
8.49%
Germany (38)
11.95%
Spain (5)
1.57%