Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I recently got into a relationship but I don't want to show affection. When my bf shows affection I cringe and move away is that bad? I should be affectionate like my bf but I'm not I just want to talk with him instead of doing those mushy things like hugging.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
sounds like you'd make better friends than a couole
unknownlol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
well say to him that you want to take it slow and that you want to learn things first about each other
r7kytt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You’re better off as friends.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you’re cringing at the sight of affection this relationship is clearly in the very early stages, one might say it’s not even a relationship but a very poorly developed friendship.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
How on earth did you get into a relationship but not want to show affection? lol
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is your reaction & personality the same with family members or close friends (male and female)?
If not, this could be a warning sign that you are not sexually attracted to him or consider him too lacking in reserve/emotionally needy.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
Maybe you need to form an emotional bond before you get comfortable with affection or anything of a sexual nature..
Anonymous #1
Yeah tbh I think we should stay friends actually but I don't know how to tell him since I just accepted to date him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah tbh I think we should stay friends actually but I don't know how to tell him since I just accepted to date him
I feel so bad tho like I’m so dumb bec he’s so nice and I’m so ****
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I feel so bad tho like I’m so dumb bec he’s so nice and I’m so ****
Hi there.
It is alright.
It seems that you did not really like him. As you said you just accepted to date.
Maybe that is why you cringe when he shows affection to you.
Maybe if you liked him from the get go, you would be more at ease with him.
Just tell him the truth; I am sure he will understand.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I can’t stand being friends with people who don’t show affection. That’s the whole point of a relationship, to me, if there no is affection there is no relationship.
oo00_Sage_00oo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you want to take it slow, then take it slow. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about that, no means no until you're comfortable.
Do you see yourself possibly being affectionate in the future? Do you see a romantic future with him? Are you romantically attracted to him?
If not, then I would probably reconsider, but relationships arent a fast thing.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you asexual? Maybe you just like having platonic relationships and friendships rather than physical ones.
oo00_Sage_00oo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Are you asexual? Maybe you just like having platonic relationships and friendships rather than physical ones.
Asexual is a possibility, but you can still have a romantic relationship and be romantic and affectionate.
Do you mean Aromantic??
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by oo00_Sage_00oo)
Asexual is a possibility, but you can still have a romantic relationship and be romantic and affectionate.
Do you mean Aromantic??
No idea. Some people don't like having sex and just wanna be close and cuddle and ****. Each their own.
oo00_Sage_00oo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
No idea. Some people don't like having sex and just wanna be close and cuddle and ****. Each their own.
No romantic attraction = Aromantic
No sexual attraction = Asexual
You can have romantic attraction and touch and stuff, but you have no sexual desires towards anyone.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by oo00_Sage_00oo)
No romantic attraction = Aromantic
No sexual attraction = Asexual
You can have romantic attraction and touch and stuff, but you have no sexual desires towards anyone.
Yeah, some people are more romantic and/or sexual than others, some not so. Each have their own individual preferences and criteria.
RomiKaoru
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So I recently got into a relationship but I don't want to show affection. When my bf shows affection I cringe and move away is that bad? I should be affectionate like my bf but I'm not I just want to talk with him instead of doing those mushy things like hugging.
Well, this is weird... But usually, when you get in a relationship, you wouldn't cringe about it, unless it's a friend relationship. I cannot decide things for you, but I think its better to tell him how you really feel about showing affection, and try to solve things out...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (511)
51.15%
No (488)
48.85%

Watched Threads