The Student Room Group

GCSE fear

Hey I’m in year 8 and I’m fearing I’m gonna do bad in my GCSEs so can anyone give any tips that might help me thanks
Yh, take it easy, you haven’t even begun learning the relevant content yet.
Reply 2
Original post by Ben Mc
Hey I’m in year 8 and I’m fearing I’m gonna do bad in my GCSEs so can anyone give any tips that might help me thanks

lol gcses is not hard, just dont be lazy and your good
from yr7 to end of yr8 just do your homework and pay attention in class
from year 9 start doing some revision e.g. read your CGP revision guide
from year 10 work a bit harder but still only like (1-2 hours a day max)
from year 11 go full out
and thats it
Reply 3
Make your notes from markscheme bullet points, use specification points and points from the book keep them super concise and start from day 1 in year 10- and yes, you can fit all your notes on 1 page per topic 🤗
Reply 4
Original post by Yazzy77
Make your notes from markscheme bullet points, use specification points and points from the book keep them super concise and start from day 1 in year 10- and yes, you can fit all your notes on 1 page per topic 🤗

Thanks A lot, Also in year 8 should I spend time revising and making notes or shall I start that when I start my gcse course in year 9
Reply 5
Original post by Ben Mc
Thanks A lot, Also in year 8 should I spend time revising and making notes or shall I start that when I start my gcse course in year 9

When you start your course- gcse is exaggerated you’ll be fine :smile:)
Original post by Ben Mc

Are you serious? Trust me. Year 8 is a year where you DON'T have to worry about GCSEs. Trust me. Work hard and revise for tests, and you'll do fine. In year 9, you're allowed to start getting slightly anxious, but year 8? You've got 3 whole years to handle that. On the bright side, if you're anxious, you can use that as motivation to pay attention in lessons. I'm in year 11, and I often don't have to revise at all for small tests because I've always paid close attention in lessons. If you make sure the information goes in during the lesson, things are way easier down the road.
There is so many people that only started revision in year 11 and did well, dont stress at all. Just make sure you understand the content and do 30minutes a day of revision at least.
i didnt even do 30mins in year 11, but people learn differently etc.
Reply 8
Original post by Ben Mc

I revised for all the science gcses the day before and still got 9s youll be fine :smile:
Start revising the core subjects, trust me...you’ll be glad you did

Quick Reply

Latest