The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
What college have you applied to at Cambridge? I've applied for Jesus, my interview is on the 8th December too!
Congratulations on the two offers you've had :biggrin:
Reply 2421
JoshyT
What college have you applied to at Cambridge? I've applied for Jesus, my interview is on the 8th December too!

Ah wicked, good luck with your interview :smile: I've applied to Sidney Sussex - pretty near Jesus college I think.

J
Reply 2422
Yeah, it's something like a 5 minute walk as I remember it.
Did you mention in your application which part of the Tripos you're most interested in? I said Politics, so I'm hoping they will tailor the interview around that a little.
Reply 2423
JoshyT
Yeah, it's something like a 5 minute walk as I remember it.
Did you mention in your application which part of the Tripos you're most interested in? I said Politics, so I'm hoping they will tailor the interview around that a little.

No I didn't, but I hope it will be obvious from my UCAS PS. Although SPS is actually a course I want to do more than Politics (but I'd choose the Politics strand after the first year)

J
Reply 2424
Yeah, SPS looks more diverse than straight Politics. Politics is my main interest, and Sociology is fascinating too, but I'm pretty weak on Psychology.
If you don't mind me asking, do you have any idea what you're wearing to the interview?
Reply 2425
JoshyT

I've applied for Jesus too! :biggrin:

Luckily though I don't think we're applying for the same subjects since your interview is 2 days before mine; phew lol.
ha85pk
Have you heard anything from Cambridge regarding interviews? :curious:

Yeah, just that I don't need to come over because it would be so time-consuming and expensive. They said it wouldn't disadvantage my application at all, and that I'll hear back early January.
Reply 2427
JoshyT
Yeah, SPS looks more diverse than straight Politics. Politics is my main interest, and Sociology is fascinating too, but I'm pretty weak on Psychology.
If you don't mind me asking, do you have any idea what you're wearing to the interview?

Not yet :p: Over in the university of cambridge forum there's a big 'interview chat thread', people have been discussing it in there, go have a look :smile:

J
Reply 2428
Okie dokie, I'll take a look :smile:
Reply 2429
Conditional offers from Essex, Kent and Reading for English Literature :biggrin:.

I'm still waiting for Edinburgh!!
Reply 2430
Congratulations on the offers! :biggrin:
Which is your first choice out of those? If you don't mind me asking.
im so worried, oour school havent submitted our ucas things. . . i got 3As and a B at higher level and my course requirements are: ABBB...do you think i would get in with that?
Reply 2432
crazyraver4
im so worried, oour school havent submitted our ucas things. . . i got 3As and a B at higher level and my course requirements are: ABBB...do you think i would get in with that?

:rolleyes: most likely I suspect.
Reply 2433
crazyraver4

Did you really need to ask that question?
Reply 2434
JoshyT
Congratulations on the offers! :biggrin:
Which is your first choice out of those? If you don't mind me asking.

lol Cheers. So far Reading because the town is awesome. But it's subject to change as i'm going to the Essex UCAS open day on Wednesday to have a better look around and Kents in late December.

If i get into Edinburgh though I'll go there haha.

Have you sent yours off yet?
I've applied to do Spanish and ab initio Italian at Bath, Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh and Exeter and have had acknowledgements from the latter four. Any ideas how long languages offers take to come through? And will they ask me to submit work?
Reply 2436
yusss :]

unconditionals for glasgow business&management/psychology and psychology with sociology

business here i comeeeeee =D
Arggh my teacher just sent my UCAS off.
Now we have to practice interview techniques, i really dont want an interview though :|
Reply 2438
When I got home from school today I had a letter from newcastle and I was like :shock: could it be an offer? Then, when opening it, I remembered I hadn't applied there :laughing: oh my I am so silly, all this UCAS stuff is getting to my noggin'!
Eimky
When I got home from school today I had a letter from newcastle and I was like :shock: could it be an offer? Then, when opening it, I remembered I hadn't applied there :laughing: oh my I am so silly, all this UCAS stuff is getting to my noggin'!

:o: bless :p: I did something similar a few minutes ago. Opened my emails and had one from "University of Phoe..." I was like :eek: No way! I got into the unversity of Phoenix, Arizona?? Then - wait - I live in England...And they emailed me three times. And the subject is "Improve your life. Earn you...". Maybe I shouldn't be so excited...

Strange how all this puts us on high alert for news, isn't it?

Latest

Trending

Trending