Scroll to see replies

resistance
Offer from Hull (Psychology with counselling):

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Pass the Matura with an overall score of 75%

including 75% in the English module -
Please send results to the institution Admissions Office - You

must also
Send official proof of the qualifications indicated below to: Admissions Office, University of
Hull, Hull, HU6 7RX, England (or by fax to 01482 442290). Scanned documents can NOT be accepted. Certificate in Advanced English

I'd die for an offer from Hull :eek3:

Congratulations!
Reply 3381
lucykate
Two offers so far...waiting for decisions from York, UCL and Durham

Course: History V100
Uni: Edinburgh
Offer: BBB

Course: History V100
Uni: Bristol
Offer AAB

:smile:

Congrats. I'm still waiting on those two, when did you get the offers?
Reply 3382
Alexandra1234567
OFFER FROM ST ANDREWS FOR LITERATURE!
i am SOOOO happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Omg, thats brilliant! Congratulations :smile:!!!!
Reply 3383
Does anyone have any idea when Bristol and Leeds will reply to the rest of their English applicants?

It's been over four months...
Reply 3384
Alexandra1234567
University: ST ANDREWS!
Course: ENGLISH LITERATURE
Offer details: AAB :biggrin:
Reaction: SOOO SOOO SOOO SOOO HAPPY SO HAPPY SO HAPPY

yayyy. Well done! :biggrin:
Reply 3385
alexandramarycatherine
University: Birmingham
Course:Modern Languages BA
Offer details: ABB
Reaction: woooooo! a bit annoying that it's the same conditions as from Bristol, so I can't put Birm as my insurance :frown: gutted. But oh well! anyone else?

I'm not sure 100% how firming works but if you don't want to put any other offers as insurance, can you still put Birm down or will it not allow you to, sp say you get BBB, Bristol may not take you with that but Birm may.
rach_998
I'm not sure 100% how firming works but if you don't want to put any other offers as insurance, can you still put Birm down or will it not allow you to, sp say you get BBB, Bristol may not take you with that but Birm may.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about the rules of firming either..I suppose I just don't want to risk not getting into anywhere! :s-smilie: and I've got an offer from Nottingham for BBB, so I guess it would be better to make that my insurance..still need to visit there though :smile:
Call up your department, or ask your school to call up, and ask how many people they take each year who miss their grades.

Obviously, if you like Nottingham, you're better off putting that as a firm, but otherwise it's worth asking.
has anyone here visited st andrews? i am SO pleased to have got an offer, and going up there sooon :smile: WHATS IT LIKE?
Reply 3389
kwaasi
ACCEPTED KINGS

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

wooooo. What's the offer aaand what's the course? :smile:
Reply 3390
ozzybird915
3 Rejections (Reading, St Andrews, Edinburgh)...predicted AAB...can't believe it. Plan B it is then....

Sorry to hear about that. :console:

Where else did you apply, or were you only considering those three?
Reply 3391
MissMannequin
University: Sheffield
Course: Architecture
Offer: AAA
Reaction: SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED!

Well done! you must be over the moon! :woo:
Reply 3392
an offer today (well, friday but whatevs), s'lavely. hopefully this will get the ball rolling, I don't know why it'd do that but that's what I shall tell myself. hurry up UCL, I need to sort my housing sitch out.
ozzybird915
3 Rejections (Reading, St Andrews, Edinburgh)...predicted AAB...can't believe it. Plan B it is then....

Oh no!! What did you apply for?
Hope you're okay xx
Reply 3394
I got an offer from Brunel today, which is nice, but I probably won't go there or even pick it as an insurance if I get an offer from QMUL.
Reply 3395
is anyone applying for any economic related degrees at warwick and have they recieved any offers yet?
wohoo i just got an unconditional from UCL :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3397
necessarily benevolent
Rejected without interview from KCL for History. WTF!!!!!???? :confused:

ask for feedback, it could be that they just misread your application and thought you didnt have history A Level at all; this happened to my friend with his maths.

btw....your sig says you would pull out of UCL or whatever the other one was if you got AAAA....i mean no offense at all, but job prospects after going to UCL from oxbridge arent that different at all and UCL is still amazing for history..... sorry if you have heard that a thousand times haha :tongue:
+epic
ask for feedback, it could be that they just misread your application and thought you didnt have history A Level at all; this happened to my friend with his maths.

btw....your sig says you would pull out of UCL or whatever the other one was if you got AAAA....i mean no offense at all, but job prospects after going to UCL from oxbridge arent that different at all and UCL is still amazing for history..... sorry if you have heard that a thousand times haha :tongue:

Hmm, it would be a bit stupid if they did that methinks. Especially considering I mentioned it in my PS too. I'm not that bothered anyway, now I'm going to firm either UCL or St As (that's the other one).

With regards to your second point, it is a bit complicated. When considering that issue, I'm not that interested in job prospects. :yes: It's the other stuff (like missing the HAT threshold by 5 marks despite making a string of horrendous erros). Plus, I didn't exactly click with UCL when I went to visit.
Reply 3399
necessarily benevolent
Hmm, it would be a bit stupid if they did that methinks. Especially considering I mentioned it in my PS too. I'm not that bothered anyway, now I'm going to firm either UCL or St As (that's the other one).

With regards to your second point, it is a bit complicated. When considering that issue, I'm not that interested in job prospects. :yes: It's the other stuff (like missing the HAT threshold by 5 marks despite making a string of horrendous erros). Plus, I didn't exactly click with UCL when I went to visit.

ohhh ok well that makes more sense. Did you like St Andrews? Isnt it in the middle of nowhere? but good luck with it all anyway :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending