EU student finance is confusing

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey guys, I know this is probably not the best forum to ask this but I'm tired of the student finance team giving me different information so I wonder if anyone has been in the same situation.

I am currently in my second year, I reapply my student finance late and now my university wants an update on my application but when I opened my student finance account, there's nothing there. I called the EU student funding team and they say I should be able to see something there by 31 December 2020. But then I found another information on the ask SFE forum on this site, saying that EU students won't be able to see their application online. I am so confused has anyone been through this? sadly I have sent an email to my university saying I should be able to give them some sort of screenshot from my student finance account as proof, this is going to be so embarrassing and hard on my part to explain to my university if I really won't get any updates on my student finance account because I'm an EU student.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey guys, I know this is probably not the best forum to ask this but I'm tired of the student finance team giving me different information so I wonder if anyone has been in the same situation.

I am currently in my second year, I reapply my student finance late and now my university wants an update on my application but when I opened my student finance account, there's nothing there. I called the EU student funding team and they say I should be able to see something there by 31 December 2020. But then I found another information on the ask SFE forum on this site, saying that EU students won't be able to see their application online. I am so confused has anyone been through this? sadly I have sent an email to my university saying I should be able to give them some sort of screenshot from my student finance account as proof, this is going to be so embarrassing and hard on my part to explain to my university if I really won't get any updates on my student finance account because I'm an EU student.
Your university student records/registry team should be able to help. They have contacts at SFE so if you talk to them and explain that you are having trouble getting clear information about your application then they should be able to look into it for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads