The Student Room Group

Transferring to another uni straight to 2nd year

Hi guys!
I am a little confused as to how i should apply to another uni for 2nd year transfer. The uni have told me that they will accept me onto the course for 2nd year if I meet the certain grades. Now im just confused what to do next? Do i make another UCAS form, if so, how do i go about it?

THANKS!!
Original post by ....Anonymous...
Hi guys!
I am a little confused as to how i should apply to another uni for 2nd year transfer. The uni have told me that they will accept me onto the course for 2nd year if I meet the certain grades. Now im just confused what to do next? Do i make another UCAS form, if so, how do i go about it?

THANKS!!

Have you asked the university in question? They might like it done in a certain way. Either way, they will be best placed to advise you on how to transfer to their establishment.
Original post by AscendingWings
Have you asked the university in question? They might like it done in a certain way. Either way, they will be best placed to advise you on how to transfer to their establishment.

I emailed them, just waiting for a response back from them, should get it tomorrow.
I suspect they’ll ask you to submit a new application through UCAS. If your old school will let you use their buzzword again, great, otherwise just submit a new app independently. Don’t forget to list your incomplete study at the other Uni in your education history.
Original post by Admit-One
I suspect they’ll ask you to submit a new application through UCAS. If your old school will let you use their buzzword again, great, otherwise just submit a new app independently. Don’t forget to list your incomplete study at the other Uni in your education history.

Yh they got back to me..i must apply via ucas..im just gna do an independent application..thanks👍🏻
Original post by Admit-One

Quick question, might seem silly, but what happens if i dont meet the requirements to transfer to the other uni, I can carry on like normal with my current degree at my current uni can't i? like I wont be kicked off for attempting to transfer?
Original post by ....Anonymous...
Quick question, might seem silly, but what happens if i dont meet the requirements to transfer to the other uni, I can carry on like normal with my current degree at my current uni can't i? like I wont be kicked off for attempting to transfer?

No, they won't hold any grudges. Transferring is very common so they will not be bothered that you had a look elsewhere.

Ultimately they want you there paying the fees.
hey! really curious which universities you’re transferring from and to! i am thinking of switching unis but idk which are willing to accept transfer students. In your case, did they agree because the courses are almost exactly the same? Is the application process hard, do you need to submit a new personal statement etc?
Original post by lostgirl93
hey! really curious which universities you’re transferring from and to! i am thinking of switching unis but idk which are willing to accept transfer students. In your case, did they agree because the courses are almost exactly the same? Is the application process hard, do you need to submit a new personal statement etc?

Your new UCAS application will need a PS - which should have some new content where you have over a year more experience studying and researching your degree subject.

You’ll also need a reference, ideally from your current university.

For 2nd year entry then you generally need to meet 3 requirements:
- meet the 1st year entry requirements for the new course
- have enough similarity between the 2 courses
- have good marks from your current first year
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lostgirl93

Hey! Apologies for late response, i dont use this much. So i switched to Uni of Birmingham to study Electrical and electronic eng. They let me on because course content is basically the same..luckily if i get the grades, i will join straight onto 2nd year..so the application process isnt that different..your personalt statement might need changing..i made some improvements to mine but overall it was similar to the original, just a few bits and bobs changed.

My advice would be, email the unis you want to go to, i only emailed 2, and 1 did say they dont accept students straight onto 2nd year (Southampton Uni for ee engineering). Also, make sure u have your old statement at hand, it saves a lot of time and means you dont have to start from scratch.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending