The Student Room Group

Accepting uni offer when you already have A Level grades

I’m 20 and so already have my A Level results, I submitted my ucas application this week and was wondering when I have to decide which uni to go to if I get offers for multiple courses? I have two I can’t decide between as my first choice atm. Also, one of the 2 courses says I’ll hear back from them within 3 weeks whereas the other says it may not be till May, so what do I do if I get an offer for that course in the next three weeks? If I accept it can I still choose to accept the other course later instead? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by mhope20
I’m 20 and so already have my A Level results, I submitted my ucas application this week and was wondering when I have to decide which uni to go to if I get offers for multiple courses? I have two I can’t decide between as my first choice atm. Also, one of the 2 courses says I’ll hear back from them within 3 weeks whereas the other says it may not be till May, so what do I do if I get an offer for that course in the next three weeks? If I accept it can I still choose to accept the other course later instead? Thanks! :smile:

Basically it's on you. The real question you should ask is whats your passion which ever uni offers you a course that's in line with what you really want to do , you go for it Truth is youll really succeed in something you love to do
You cannot choose a Firm choice until you have all your offers.
And there is NO advantage in choosing early.
You'll be given a reply deadline once you receive your final decision.

As above, there's no advantage to chosing early and you should use as much of the time as possible to research the unis and courses. You'll be spending at least 3 years there, no point making a snap decision and then trying to unpick it later.
Reply 4
Original post by Valverdo
Basically it's on you. The real question you should ask is whats your passion which ever uni offers you a course that's in line with what you really want to do , you go for it Truth is youll really succeed in something you love to do

Thank you!! The two universities I’m struggling to choose between are for very similar courses I just can’t decide where I’d rather live. Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
You cannot choose a Firm choice until you have all your offers.
And there is NO advantage in choosing early.

good to know, thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
You'll be given a reply deadline once you receive your final decision.

As above, there's no advantage to chosing early and you should use as much of the time as possible to research the unis and courses. You'll be spending at least 3 years there, no point making a snap decision and then trying to unpick it later.

Thank you!

Quick Reply