Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I've been in Leeds for a year anyway studying at the Met but made a last minute decision (last week) to try and find a place on Computing at Leeds Uni. I succeeded.

There's plenty of TSR users in and around Leeds, it seems, so I thought why not see if anyone fancies some form of forum meetup, particularly freshers and people new to the area. Preferably also with some form of activity to avoid as much uncomfortable small-talk as possible, but step one is to find out if there would be people actually willing to turn up to this.

So, anyone actually willing to turn up to this?

ReputationRep:
    lol, loner.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Since I already have a year's worth of friends in Leeds I'm probably about the least lonely fresher of around 25,000 in the city.

ReputationRep:
    LOL I thought you wanted advice on where to buy steak

ReputationRep:
    the word you are wanting is MEET

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were commenting on the outfits the girls wear. Anyone see that girl on the balcony at the Vengaboys? Meat.

ReputationRep:
    For those of you unfamiliar with the world of intentional misspellings; welcome to the internet. For the rest, consider this thread closed as it's obviously a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    Okay, so I've been in Leeds for a year anyway studying at the Met but made a last minute decision (last week) to try and find a place on Computing at Leeds Uni. I succeeded.

There's plenty of TSR users in and around Leeds, it seems, so I thought why not see if anyone fancies some form of forum meetup, particularly freshers and people new to the area. Preferably also with some form of activity to avoid as much uncomfortable small-talk as possible, but step one is to find out if there would be people actually willing to turn up to this.

So, anyone actually willing to turn up to this?
    Hi have you started the computing degree this year? I start next year as I've took a gap year at the last minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    For those of you unfamiliar with the world of intentional misspellings; welcome to the internet. For the rest, consider this thread closed as it's obviously a waste of time.
    why would you deliberately spell meet as meat?

ReputationRep:
    wai not ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    why would you deliberately spell meet as meat?
    He's a computer geek - best not to question

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.