Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there any costs to applying individually?

ReputationRep:
    £17

ReputationRep:
    If you apply individually, you have to type in your reference, otherwise your school does.

ReputationRep:
    You can only apply individually if you are a mature or independent student. If your school is registered on UCAS you won't be able to.

When you apply individually you have to paste in your reference (most of the time it doesn't come from a school, maybe an employer who has no knowledge of how UCAS works), predicted grades if you have them etc.

ReputationRep:
    £17? Oh, lucky me - I only paid £15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arianwen)
    £17? Oh, lucky me - I only paid £15.
    :eek: I got ripped off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Are there any costs to applying individually?
    It's £17 this year, you pay regardless of whether it is an individual or college/sixth form application.

Unless, your college is really nice and pays it for you :p:.

Also applying through school they put your reference on for you whereas you put it in yourself as an individual and it is from an employer rather than a teacher as is the case with a school application

At my sixth form we filled in our forms, forwarded them to our referee, who checked over it to make sure we had all the right details on it. Attached our reference, showed us a copy of said reference and if we were happy with it we gave them the ok to send it onto UCAS.

In terms of paying, once our school had recieved the invoice from UCAS we had to pay them the £15 for our application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    It's £17 this year, you pay regardless of whether it is an individual or college/sixth form application.
    Really? Huh. I will check my bank statement... I mean, it's only two pounds, but I wouldn't like to go around telling everyone £15 when it wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arianwen)
    Really? Huh. I will check my bank statement... I mean, it's only two pounds, but I wouldn't like to go around telling everyone £15 when it wasn't.
    Well that's how much my friend had to pay. I couldn' believe it when she told me how much it had gone up!

ReputationRep:
    hat is the difference between applying for UCAS individually or via a college

nah i don't think a hat is the difference between applying for UCAS or via college. I think the price is the difference though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    hat is the difference between applying for UCAS individually or via a college

nah i don't think a hat is the difference between applying for UCAS or via college. I think the price is the difference though
    what do you mean by the price?
    is it more costly to apply as an individual?

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.