The Student Room Group

'Women aren't attracted to strangers'?

How true is this? I don't want to make generalisatinos but it seems true.

Think about scenarios where a doctor/nurse flirts with a patient. Search up on Reddit and 95% of the time it's a male doctor/nurse who makes advances to a woman. Even the other way around, i.e. patient flirting with a doctor/nurse, it's usually elderly male patients that do it with female doctors/nurses.

Why is this? I've heard it's because men can get sexually aroused by a hot woman but the reverse is much less likely. Not that women can't appreciate a good man but it seems that many of them can't just look at a hot stranger and make romantic advances towards him without knowing him first.
Yes, women can be and are attracted to strangers just like men. Yes, women can flirt with strangers just like men. Might I suggest that a quick search on Reddit and "something you've heard" about the capacity for men to get aroused by strangers compared to women may not be the best empirical basis for this thread.
Original post by hijackedbrother

Think about scenarios where a doctor/nurse flirts with a patient. Search up on Reddit and 95% of the time it's a male doctor/nurse who makes advances to a woman. Even the other way around, i.e. patient flirting with a doctor/nurse, it's usually elderly male patients that do it with female doctors/nurses.

Why is this? I've heard it's because men can get sexually aroused by a hot woman but the reverse is much less likely. Not that women can't appreciate a good man but it seems that many of them can't just look at a hot stranger and make romantic advances towards him without knowing him first.

why the focus on healthcare settings lmao? Did you go to hospital and were disappointed that no female employees made advances at you? :lol:
Original post by hijackedbrother

There aren't that many handsome men but there are many good looking women, that is why
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Yes, women can be and are attracted to strangers just like men. Yes, women can flirt with strangers just like men. Might I suggest that a quick search on Reddit and "something you've heard" about the capacity for men to get aroused by strangers compared to women may not be the best empirical basis for this thread.

I think women have higher standards when it comes to looks especially short term one night stands , unless they are drunk
Clearly you have never been to a KillingKittens event, any swingers club or bdsm fetish events. :biggrin:
Original post by londonmyst
Clearly you have never been to a KillingKittens event, any swingers club or bdsm fetish events. :biggrin:

How dare you make such an assumption about a member who *checks first post* gets information about women's flirting habits from Reddit.
lol we're just as attracted to strangers as men, it's just more dangerous to actually like engage w strangers in general
Original post by Ella10092
I think women have higher standards when it comes to looks especially short term one night stands , unless they are drunk

One night stands might not be the best example of differing standards bearing in mind that even if the man makes the first move, if a one night stand has happened that would suggest that the woman has been at least somewhat receptive to those advances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending