The Student Room Group

Driving test theory and practical

Hey guys I turned 17 a few months ago and I want to start learning how to drive. I was wondering how hard is it to pass the practical side of the exam?
Original post by Smoky saif
Hey guys I turned 17 a few months ago and I want to start learning how to drive. I was wondering how hard is it to pass the practical side of the exam?

Im sure it depends, I passed first time with 4 minors so I guess not too hard.
It really depends how prepared you are...

If you are comfortable controlling, manoeuvring and operating a car safely then it wont be bothersome at all. If you struggle with certain elements and/or are very inexperienced it will be harder. You will just have to drive to find out.

But be sensible, get lessons, practice and with time you'll get up to a good standard.
Original post by mnot
Im sure it depends, I passed first time with 4 minors so I guess not too hard.
It really depends how prepared you are...

If you are comfortable controlling, manoeuvring and operating a car safely then it wont be bothersome at all. If you struggle with certain elements and/or are very inexperienced it will be harder. You will just have to drive to find out.

But be sensible, get lessons, practice and with time you'll get up to a good standard.

Would it be wise to book a theory test right now? I've been practising a lot of mock tests and am ready, but given the current situation, I'm not sure whether to book it now or later
Original post by pineapple201
Would it be wise to book a theory test right now? I've been practising a lot of mock tests and am ready, but given the current situation, I'm not sure whether to book it now or later

Yea getting the theory out the way is one less thing to worry about so might as well, I think it’s valid for like a year or 2 so only if you’re going to wait many months before driving is it going to be a logistical issue for your actual driving test. Doubling down on the rules should only improve your real driving as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mnot
Yea getting the theory out the way is one less thing to worry about so might as well, I think it’s valid for like a year or 2 so only if you’re going to wait many months before driving is it going to be a logistical issue for your actual driving test. Doubling down on the rules should only improve your real driving as well.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest