Do you think that Racism and Bullying should be banned?

Watch
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Bet he bullied you into saying that, dont be afraid.
I cannot disclose that information.
Spoiler:
Show
How could one not be afraid? :afraid:
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Do you prefer hula hoops or walkers crisps? :eating:
Attachment 982976
Walk- WAIT none
TSR User_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
You know what you've said this with good intentions :console: so well done Sophie
Thanks
Ella10092
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It is already banned on TSR
TSR User_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Ella10092)
It is already banned on TSR
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
If you mean TSR and stuff it is banned but life? too many bullies bullying in private so not much to do but if I was president, I would make bullying illegal so nobody would dare to even try cause they’ll be locked. Racism and bulllying have potential to ruin or end lives even

I was talking abt in real life.
Inspirer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by TSR User_123)
Yes I do
Of course it should
deadroseex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It is banned but people go against.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by TSR User_123)
I was talking abt in real life.
Banning things doesn't stop it from happening.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Racism is banned, prejudice is one of those things that manifest themselves everywhere in all societies but we are fortunate that in the UK we actually have such an open & tolerant society it can be called out. Their will always be more that can be done and prejudices will re-form in different manors, history tells us this but its trying to be pragmatic and spot its ugly head when it reappears.

Bullying is very arbitrary and hard to define, the problem with it is anyone can claim bullying off firm disagreements, even if you ban bullying you cant ban debate & difference of opinion or positions of authority and as such you can never really end it as what constitutes bullying is open to interpretation.

These are just very blasé topics, yes everyone agrees with the principles but the true debate requires real sophistication and just saying it looks like virtue signalling
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In the context of the law, no. Banning it doesn't stop it, it's not like everything ever has a legality switch, and as soon as you switch it to illegal it just ends. Banning it just invades freedom of speech by punishing decent people as speech laws are so vague that people get prosecuted for downright stupid things.
Last edited by The Mogg; 6 months ago
username5490170
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
both should not be banned but for me rascim and bullying should be either instant scaking if you have a job or instant removel if your at school/uni

i think we tolerate too much of both sadly
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Absolutely. Anyone who is prejudiced should be banned from the site. I’ve seen a lot of homophobic comments on this site yet the users still remain here...

As for in everyday life, you can’t exactly “ban” it. Laws are put in place to help prevent it from happening, but you’ll always find someone who doesn’t follow the rules.
Last edited by baby.bear; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads