The Student Room Group

Assignment help

As part of my coursework, I am meant to select a care setting and select 2 direct workers and 3 non direct workers
and come up with a case study where these 5 direct and non-direct workers care working together in a team, to solve a problem in a health and social care setting this could be care home, hospital, school etc. I do not know what to choose and to talk about. For a non direct worker I have to choose three non direct workers from this list: a laundry worker, maintenance, receptionist, caterer and security guard. However, for direct worker I am allowed to choose any two can someone help me come up with a case study please.
Hello

This is a fictional case study example. A young female baby in the hospital has a breathing problem. The ENT doctor has previously evaluated her using a rigid bronchoscopy and found virtually no evidence to indicate that anything structural is to blame. Other relevant tests were ordered and done.
The finding of one of them was pretty alarming, according to the test results her baby brainstem is really rather compressed which is partly why she cannot breathe. Treatment options vary dramatically but include a standard one for those with breathing issues a tracheotomy insertion surgery.
What should be done? The mother of the baby is totally keen for her to get the tracheostomy tube placed so that she can come on home. The father is dubious but she plans to make him change his mind. Consider the doctor’s moral duty of care in this case study. Also do not forget to explain the best interest rule etc as well. Using the above example as fodder aim briefly to describe the pros and cons of not taking action and cover each treatment option in addition. Make a complete list for reference.
She is not improving at all. To make matters a bit more harder they previously tried other options and each failed miserably to treat the issue. Three days after a alternative surgery was done, she then went backwards too fast.
Her levels and numbers kept dipping as she slept in her crib on the PICU floor and both of her parents were now scared. Another overnight sleep study was done with yet more scary results. They could not watch her constantly but neither of them felt like leaving her alone in her crib for more than half a hour either.
After a tough meeting with the operating room team a hard decision was made and consent papers were signed. The female critically ill baby was then wheeled into surgery. This is when she got a breathing tube placed. Even the team of doctors were nervous. No other option had resolved anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending