dilemma between uni's

Watch this thread
poojitha_reddy__
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!
I'm looking forward to pursue my masters in business analytics. I would like to know if anyone has done this course from Aston uni, uni of Kent or uni of Surrey. Also what are the chances of getting a placement for international students and which uni do you think is best for international students.

thanks in advance
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by poojitha_reddy__)
Hey!
I'm looking forward to pursue my masters in business analytics. I would like to know if anyone has done this course from Aston uni, uni of Kent or uni of Surrey. Also what are the chances of getting a placement for international students and which uni do you think is best for international students.

thanks in advance
Hi there!

First of all I am so glad you are considering studying at Aston!

Aston is a diverse university hosting over 3000 international students from over 120 different countries so you are sure to feel at home at Aston!

One thing in my opinion as a current placement student that sets Aston apart from other universities is their dedication to finding students top placements!

Aston had an award winning placement and careers team to guide you through the process so there is no need to worry about finding a placement!

Business analytics MSc is ranked third in the UK as a course and it’s graduates have gone on to secure places within prestigious international companies.

I hope this is helpful but if you require further information I have popped the link below!

https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/course...c-january-2021

- Poppy
Poojitha0211
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the information.I would like to ask you regarding the scholarships for international students pursuing MSc business analytics 2021/22 as I could not find much on the website
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

thanks in advance
Hi there,

I am a 2nd year psychology student here at Surrey with a placement year. I am currently applying to placements. The university has been super helpful in providing me with valuable information to help me source a placement. We have a employability skills and careers centre that can help look over a CV, do mock interviews with you or even be there for you to answer any questions you may have. One of the main reasons I choose Surrey was because of how supportive the placement year is.

We also have many international students come to Surrey, so you will definitely fit into the community here Where are you from? We have many different societies that you can also join and make friends!

I hope this helps and if you do have any other questions please let me know

Becca
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

thanks in advance
To introduce myself – I’m Joao, an Economics student from the University of Surrey on placement at Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs).

As you know a placement provides students with a unique opportunity to gain skills specific to their subject or industry of choice as well as the employability skills required for real-life work.

However, if you are considering applying to Surrey there are certain tips that will increase your chances of getting the placement you are looking for. If you need any help just contact your department’s Professional Training Tutor or contact the dedicated placements team at [email protected].

Our Employability and Careers team will encourage you to be proactive and apply for your industry placement yourself, by writing a CV and cover letter. More importantly, your school or department will appoint a senior tutor for Professional Training who will work with you from the application process through to the completion of your placement. This is an academic member of staff with responsibility for delivering the Professional Training scheme and supporting you at all stages of the journey.

The university also provides a Professional Training coaching scheme, where you can be paired with a student who has recently returned from their placement. That way you will have friendly support from someone who went through the same placement-seeking process and who will prepare you for the world of work.

Also, as some placements abroad may involve learning and communicate in a language other than English, the university has support available to help you develop your language skills.

Finally, for what I understood you are looking for scholarships for international students pursuing MSc business analytics 2021/22 please find attached below some links that I think will help you:

All you need to know about studying economics at Surrey:
https://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/student-e...ics-in-surrey/

Scholarships and bursaries listing:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/fees-and-fu...-and-bursaries

Joao
Economics
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

thanks in advance
Don't go Kent.

We're about to go bankrupt. All the good lecturers are being made redundant and the ones that are left behind are being worked to death. Three years ago we used to rank above Bristol, now we're below Aston 'University'.
Aston University
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Poojitha0211)
Thank you for the information.I would like to ask you regarding the scholarships for international students pursuing MSc business analytics 2021/22 as I could not find much on the website
Hello again!

Aston offers a range of scholarships for post graduates which I will explain below.

£2,500 Scholarship for UK/EU High Achievers
£2,500 off course fee for Aston Masters full-time postgraduate courses for the following subjects: business, engineering, applied sciences, life and health sciences, languages and social sciences.
You are a UK/EU citizen.
You have achieved a First Class Honours undergraduate degree.
For study commencing September 2020 and January 2021.

There is also a £1,500 scholarship under the same criteria for students who have achieved a 2:1 in their undergraduate degree.

There is also the Vice-chancellors international scholarship worth £8,000.
International students from any country outside of the EU can apply. This scholarship is available for students applying to all undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (except the MBChB in Medicine and the MBA).

This is only a couple of scholarships that are available to postgraduate students at Aston - there are at least 7 more on our website so I have popped the link below!

https://www2.aston.ac.uk/scholarships

I hope this helps

- Poppy
poojitha_reddy__
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey poppyThanks fir the info againDoes aston have placement year option for Msc Business Analytics. On website it is showing that it does have placement year whereas our counsellor or agent is telling that it does not have placement year. It will be really helpful if you clarify this
Aston University
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey poppyThanks fir the info againDoes aston have placement year option for Msc Business Analytics. On website it is showing that it does have placement year whereas our counsellor or agent is telling that it does not have placement year. It will be really helpful if you clarify this
Hi there,

The opportunity of doing a placement year or the lack of one would depend on if you're enrolled on the Business Analytics MSc (Online) or Business Analytics MSc. The former offers no placement year.
Due to the current global climate, I would advise contacting the admissions team at [email protected] and ask them this.

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.94%
The paper was reasonable (190)
48.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (98)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed