Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all. I am thinking about doing a full time Quantity Surveying degree with commercial management at NTU. I am just wanting to know from other people currently or previous on QS degrees, how many hours a week average of lectures/seminars are there?
    This way I can work out getting a suitable part time job during my degree.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing the QSCCM course at NTU.. However, Im doing it part-time and working, the company I work for is a QS practice and they pay me a salary and pay for all tuitions fees, book fees etc.. there are loads of companies wirgin Nottingham looking for trainees, so if it was me then Id get in touch with a few of them, and consider the part-time route.. Also, you will miss out on the student life, which could be classed as good or bad
    I will try and help as much as I can, just ask..
    The only bad things are that it is 5 years rather than 3, but you get the work experience and no debts!! Also,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew1988)
    Im doing the QSCCM course at NTU.. However, Im doing it part-time and working, the company I work for is a QS practice and they pay me a salary and pay for all tuitions fees, book fees etc.. there are loads of companies wirgin Nottingham looking for trainees, so if it was me then Id get in touch with a few of them, and consider the part-time route.. Also, you will miss out on the student life, which could be classed as good or bad
    I will try and help as much as I can, just ask..
    The only bad things are that it is 5 years rather than 3, but you get the work experience and no debts!! Also,
    I am also thinking about studying quantity surveying next year, 2009 at uni. how difficult is the course and what is involved? because i am currently studying a civil eng degree which is ridiculously hard!

ReputationRep:
    have been offered a place on the 2nd year of a quantity surveying degree, after completing my first year in civil engineering at Liverpool. Does anybody have any idea how easy/difficult it would be to catch up etc? would appreciate some replys!!

ReputationRep:
    does any1 know if sheffeild is good fro placements for quantity surveying . and are there any students out der who went to sheffeild for quantity surveying ?
    you help would be very much apperiacted

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.