The Student Room Group

Rejected after second date

Evening,

Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and if anyone has any advice as to how to handle it.

Got chatting to this girl, having met on a dating app. Started talking to each other every day for a fortnight, culminating is us arranging a date. Went out for a few drinks at a bar one evening and the night went as smoothly as anyone would hope for.

Still liked each other at the end of the 3 hours and so continued to talk for a further fortnight, at which point we arranged another date.

This do not go well. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of turning up while feeling under the weather and at a stressful time with other things going on in the days surrounding our get together. As a result of this, I didn't give a very good account of myself and it was a million miles from the first date.

Having given it a few hours, I apologised to her later on that night after we had parted ways. Explained the reason for my awkwardness for the duration and that I simply hadn't wanted to postpone our plans on the day, as we'd had to knock it back over a week as it was, due to something coming up her end on the previously arranged occasion.

Despite this explanation and despite how well we'd hit it off for the month up to that point, she has decided to leave it there regardless.

Obviously I feel I have no choice but to leave it there now, however I can't help but feel we've been working with something good between us, due to how we were up until that point. The amount of people who even make it to a first date having met on a dating app, nevermind a second, is apparently a very small figure. To have got to the second date (which was at her own home) surely means we have potential and at least a level of compatibility.

Just feeling devastated about whole situation.

Thanks for any responses.
Original post by RAF28
Evening,

Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and if anyone has any advice as to how to handle it.

Got chatting to this girl, having met on a dating app. Started talking to each other every day for a fortnight, culminating is us arranging a date. Went out for a few drinks at a bar one evening and the night went as smoothly as anyone would hope for.

Still liked each other at the end of the 3 hours and so continued to talk for a further fortnight, at which point we arranged another date.

This do not go well. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of turning up while feeling under the weather and at a stressful time with other things going on in the days surrounding our get together. As a result of this, I didn't give a very good account of myself and it was a million miles from the first date.

Having given it a few hours, I apologised to her later on that night after we had parted ways. Explained the reason for my awkwardness for the duration and that I simply hadn't wanted to postpone our plans on the day, as we'd had to knock it back over a week as it was, due to something coming up her end on the previously arranged occasion.

Despite this explanation and despite how well we'd hit it off for the month up to that point, she has decided to leave it there regardless.

Obviously I feel I have no choice but to leave it there now, however I can't help but feel we've been working with something good between us, due to how we were up until that point. The amount of people who even make it to a first date having met on a dating app, nevermind a second, is apparently a very small figure. To have got to the second date (which was at her own home) surely means we have potential and at least a level of compatibility.

Just feeling devastated about whole situation.

Thanks for any responses.

She really should've been more understanding on that day about how you were feeling.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. You will find someone else. :smile:
Can't do any more than u did. Ppl can terminate dating rels at any stage and for any reason. It does suck to be on the receiving end and s'times u did nothing wrong or correctable just the way it is.

Ur story reminds me.........

Original post by RAF28
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of turning up while feeling under the weather and at a stressful time. As a result of this, I didn't give a very good account of myself

Wait huh? What do you mean, cheers.
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
She really should've been more understanding on that day about how you were feeling.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. You will find someone else. :smile:

I thought she would be, going on how we were up until that date. Genuinely hit it off to almost perfection. Thanks for the positivity!
Reply 5
Original post by candydiva
Can't do any more than u did. Ppl can terminate dating rels at any stage and for any reason. It does suck to be on the receiving end and s'times u did nothing wrong or correctable just the way it is.

Ur story reminds me.........

You are right here. Thanks for your comment!
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Wait huh? What do you mean, cheers.

As in I turned up on day not feeling 100% and had important things taking place on the days around the date. This, for whatever reason, got to me and meant I wasn't very focused, sociable, or chatty on the night. Genuinely felt awful, despite wanting to be in her company.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well you made to the first and even second date!
Reply 8
Original post by Afrrcyn
Well you made to the first and even second date!

We did. This is why it's so disappointing to have seemingly been put to bed so abruptly and in this manner. It strikes me as indicating we are worthy of giving it another crack and meeting up again, but despite this she apparently doesn't want to.
Original post by RAF28
As in I turned up on day not feeling 100% and had important things taking place on the days around the date. This, for whatever reason, got to me and meant I wasn't very focused, sociable, chatty on the night. Genuinely felt awful, despite wanting to be in her company.

Ohhhh 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending