Zosia_
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to do Sociology and criminology at uni.I am pretty set on Exeter, Cardiff, Birmingham but I am on the fence with Manchester and I need to look for a fifth. I have considered Leeds, Warwick, Lancaster, Portsmouth, Southhampton, York and for the fifth I think I want it to have lower entry req.
What pros or cons do these unis have? I really like old towns and green areas. Nightlife isn't so important to me and I dont really like a uni which is smack dab in a city.
If you are studying in one of these or know something about them, or have some opinions about the cities, please tell me it'd be great help
a1sha1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Heyy so i've applied for Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds for sociology (and criminology for Manchester and Birmingham). The one big thing that made Leeds appealing to me was that it was a nice city and the uni is quite nice. They also drop a grade for an EPQ which meant the offer would be at a BBB, so I applied for a safe choice. The reasons i didn't consider the other ones you listed is because I don't actually like small and old towns, so I wouldn't be much help for that but I've heard that York is great (it looks beautiful).
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zosia_)
I want to do Sociology and criminology at uni.I am pretty set on Exeter, Cardiff, Birmingham but I am on the fence with Manchester and I need to look for a fifth. I have considered Leeds, Warwick, Lancaster, Portsmouth, Southhampton, York and for the fifth I think I want it to have lower entry req.
What pros or cons do these unis have? I really like old towns and green areas. Nightlife isn't so important to me and I dont really like a uni which is smack dab in a city.
If you are studying in one of these or know something about them, or have some opinions about the cities, please tell me it'd be great help
Lancaster is an attractive small city surrounded by lots of green areas if that appeals to you - I would have thought it matches your requirements better than Manchester tbh and Birmingham is also very urban. My daughter went there for Psychology and liked it a lot and they do tend to be quite flexible with grades for social science subjects so possibly a good Insurance choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads