The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship with Smith and Williamson

Received an offer for Smith and Williamson in London for their school leaver scheme.

Anyone know if this is any good? Would going to Durham or Warwick be superior?
Reply 1
I dont know how 'good' this is, but i might apply. How long did it take for you to get through the application process? Congrats btw!! :smile:
Original post by EMZX
I dont know how 'good' this is, but i might apply. How long did it take for you to get through the application process? Congrats btw!! :smile:

Took me around 2 months to go through the motions of the process. Which universities are you applying for?
Original post by BenjaminSibson
Received an offer for Smith and Williamson in London for their school leaver scheme.

Anyone know if this is any good? Would going to Durham or Warwick be superior?

I would highly recommend taking the school leaver offer as you get the chance to become a chartered accountant and save all the debt at the same time.

If you hate it, then at least you've made some money, know accounting isn't for you, and go and study another course at university!

I was a school leaver so am speaking from experience!

P.S. I'm a chartered accountant and I talk about entry routes into Accountancy and Finance on my YouTube page. My channel is called Fehzan Mehdi. I'd recommend a video called An Accountant's Guide - Should I go to University? It will help you make the final decision
is it based in london

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending