The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Babyshambles
Woo! Dalton-Ellis! :biggrin: that's where i live! well...I live in Pankhurst Court, the self-catered block across the road, but technicially i'm still a Dalton-Ellis-er..

Yeah, I've got a mate who lives there, and I went up to stay with her last term.
My school stayed at Aston's accommodation when we went on a uni trip. I didn't find it bad...but then I'm not fussy! Everyone else seemed to hate it. But then we were also in the cheapest. The more expensive, en-suite ones looked really nice.

I liked Aston altogether, actually. Like Birmingham, and like how Aston's right in the middle, but still a campus. Qualllliiddyy.
Reply 22
nas7232
Yep, that's the one. Do you know if it is good or not, in your opinion?

It's very good. The grounds are an English Heritage site, I believe. There's a grotto within the gardens. Difficult to get into though, as obviously it's very popular.
Reply 23
cambridge! come to cambridge!! it's not too late to cancel your application and apply next year!!!
Reply 24
Won't get the AAA for cambridge, plus cambridge doesn't do audiology :cool: .

Hope i don't apply to uni and then i gotto have shared bathroom, i jsut couldn't live with that and end up going to another uni lol
Reply 25
Sharing a bathroom really isn't that bad at all.
Reply 26
You will have to share a bathroom in a shared house in your second year, unless you move out into your own flat. Or find a place with a lot of bathrooms...unlikely.
If you really don't want to just make sure you apply to have en suite accom.
Reply 27
For most people, but for me it is a big issue. That will probaly the decider on my uni choice [jk]
Reply 28
Luize
You will have to share a bathroom in a shared house in your second year, unless you move out into your own flat. Or find a place with a lot of bathrooms...unlikely.
If you really don't want to just make sure you apply to have en suite accom.

Gonna buy a house and then sell it after uni, hopefully can make some profit. (I've saved up quite a bit, probs just enough to get a 2 bedroom house but still good). Sorry if it seems odd me making a bigdeal over shared bathrooms :smile:
Reply 29
I sincerely doubt there'll be anywhere that *guarantees* it.
Reply 30
nas7232
Gonna buy a house and then sell it after uni, hopefully can make some profit. (I've saved up quite a bit, probs just enough to get a 2 bedroom house but still good). Sorry if it seems odd me making a bigdeal over shared bathrooms :smile:

buying a house seems a little OTT to me.
Reply 31
jumpunderaboat
buying a house seems a little OTT to me.

It can be a very wise investment if you've got the money to do it. Plus you don't get any Harry the Bastard-esque landlords if you *are* the landlord.
Reply 32
Buying a house has always been my plan...

Not to get my own bathroom, but not have to worry about 2nd year. I probaly will make a profit onit. If a situation comes where i may go and share, i may do, may not dunno yet.
Reply 33
elpollodiablouk
It can be a very wise investment if you've got the money to do it. Plus you don't get any Harry the Bastard-esque landlords if you *are* the landlord.

True, but selling it within 2 years won't make much, if any profit...then again, if you have the money why not.

What to do is, buy a house/apartment for after you leave uni...live of the rent, so you can afford a much better than average student house...yet still have the experience etc. That's my tip of the day folks :wink:
Reply 34
jumpunderaboat
True, but selling it within 2 years won't make much, if any profit...then again, if you have the money why not.

What to do is, buy a house/apartment for after you leave uni...live of the rent, so you can afford a much better than average student house...yet still have the experience etc. That's my tip of the day folks :wink:

and a very good tip it is too. :cool: :smile:
Reply 35
nas7232
and a very good tip it is too. :cool: :smile:

A question, how have you got that kinda money at this age; rich parents would be the obvious reason, but my parents wouldn't trust me with a £100k+...
Reply 36
I have an internet radio station which is drum and bass's leading radio station. Competiting with 1xtra/kiss 100 for various artists, advertisements e.t.c

I have saved over 150K and will probaly sell my radio or hire another manager.
Thats where my money will come from, looked good on my personal statement too i hope, something unique; hopefully gives me a good chance in getting in Bristol or UCL.
Reply 37
nas7232
I have an internet radio station which is drum and bass's leading radio station. Competiting with 1xtra/kiss 100 for various artists, advertisements e.t.c

Thats where my money will come from, looked good on my personal statement too i hope, something unique; hopefully gives me a good chance in getting in Bristol or UCL.

Ahh wicked! :cool:
nas7232

AAAAh all you rich people *sigh*
Really, nice one though! :smile:
Reply 39
elpollodiablouk
It's very good. The grounds are an English Heritage site, I believe. There's a grotto within the gardens. Difficult to get into though, as obviously it's very popular.

yeah, best clifton hall has to be goldney (pic below), second best clifton hall is manor hall (also got pic).....wills hall is the most 'picturesque hall' but is in stoke bishop.

Latest

Trending

Trending