Nla_
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my a level exams are in what 6 months, and I have slipped so much from A1 to A2 , my grades just keep decreasing and I’m trying my best to revise. Chemistry a level right now is actually killing me there’s so much content we need to know and even when I feel confident when it comes to the test I can never answer the questions. Just what can I do to help me get myself together in these next 6 months so I can hopefully get good grades
az2031
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nla_)
So my a level exams are in what 6 months, and I have slipped so much from A1 to A2 , my grades just keep decreasing and I’m trying my best to revise. Chemistry a level right now is actually killing me there’s so much content we need to know and even when I feel confident when it comes to the test I can never answer the questions. Just what can I do to help me get myself together in these next 6 months so I can hopefully get good grades
Hey! It sounds from this that you’re really in a rut...and that’s horrible. I studied my A-levels last year and they’re so demanding. I’m not completely qualified to recommend revision tips for the sciences (I’m arts and hums). However, past papers are seriously the way forward. Examiners can only ever ask you so many questions and the more you expose yourself, the better. I wish you every success. Please message me if you ever need a chat my friend.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nla_)
To give you good advices, it is helpful for us to know which lessons are driving you crazy. What are your greatest issues?
az2031
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
To give you good advices, it is helpful for us to know which lessons are driving you crazy. What are your greatest issues?
100%. How can we help?
Nla_
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Organic especially, there's just so much to learn compared to everything else. Its crazy, I also do biology and everything is just a mess with the amount of content there is
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nla_)
Organic especially, there's just so much to learn compared to everything else. Its crazy, I also do biology and everything is just a mess with the amount of content there is
Organic chemistry by any chance? to learn and to coin the most important facts and basics about organic, I began to repeat the lessons in my own words, after that I explained the connections of the facts for myself: I soliloquized in front of a mirror. When I got the self-confidence and a high understanding, I explained again, but in presence of people this time. That is by the way a good practice for oral exams!
holly0212
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi
I didn't do chemistry but I done biology and past papers really are the best thing to do. Also, if you learn from watching videos khan academy is really good maybe it will help you with the chemistry. I never studied in advance for my exams i crammed the night before lol but how i revised was basically doing past papers and any questions i could find. Also, i would read the chapter then take a blank page and write everything I know on that topic and then mark it, then all the topics/concepts i missed or didnt know i would write on a sticky note and put at the start of the chapter so i had a short list of what i need to focus on. Hopefully that makes sense. The blank page wasn't notes they were so messy i never read back on them but it was a good way to see what i did and didn't know.
Best of luck with everything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (17)
27.87%
As I expected (17)
27.87%
Harder (24)
39.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed