The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Italian for Beginners is IT101, but if you have some prior knowledge of Italian, don't select your modules now as there will be a placement test soon after you arrive (and you could well be placed in the intermediate group). Wrong forum by the way!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Woops sorry, I have done no Italian formally so I think I've selected the right module with beginners. Just why isn't it showing any beginner session in the timetable just intermediate/advanced.

I know a bit of italian but not anywhere near GCSE so to start in intermediate would be ridiculous!
Reply 3
Probably just a glitch...
If you go to www.warwick.ac.uk/go/timetable, and select the timetable for course RR13/1 (French and Italian Studies), you will be able to see when the IT101 lessons take place anyway.
Reply 4
It says access refused to that page, but I will try access it through my warwick.

How you finding Warwick simon? How many years have you been there now?
Reply 5
Your lessons for IT101, according to Central Timetabling, are:
Mon @ 11, Tues @ 11, Weds @ 9, Thurs @ 11 (same as last year actually!). There will be two groups of beginners and you will be split according to your surname. On the Wednesday, you will have the OTHER tutor to which you have normally.

Warwick is really good; I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You thinking of switching to German? The year just gone was my first, so I'm now just a second-year.
Reply 6
I was contemplating switching to German but I'm going to stick at the Italian and see how it goes. However after 4 years at university I don't really want to be coming out and talking to my Italian relatives and thinking the distance between us is miles apart!!

But also many people (including my Italian relatives) are like why are you doing French and Italian. As if to say what the heck are you going to do with the two languages. And tbh I can't really give them an answer, as I don't know what I want to do, but I just think languages are what I enjoy and should hopefully open doors in business.

I definitely both excited and apprehensive about Warwick. I'm nervous about the literature (even though it's not a lot compared to most unis), as I've found it's not a great passion of mine.
Reply 7
Moved to the Warwick forum.:smile:
Reply 8
I'm about to start on the French & German course and I don't see any of my German modules either, don't worry about it :smile:

Would've liked to have done Italian myself actually, lovely language and I imagine it could complement French very well. Made the choice between Warwick and Sheffield (where I applied to study three languages) all the more difficult, especially as I'm more keen on learning the language than literature & culture myself. Just crossing my fingers I'll enjoy the course at Warwick and do well there.

See you there anyway :smile:.

Latest