Nils Arne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have been advised to contact you regarding funding for my progression on the MSc Grantmaking, Philanthropy and Social Investment at CASS Business School.

I completed the Postgraduate Certificate stage on 28 November 2019 but did not progress straight to Diploma at that stage as my employer was unable to cover the costs. The deadline to convert to Diploma has been extended to October 2021 and I would like to continue through this and then to MSc stage.

Can you advise if I am eligible for a government postgraduate loan to continue this study?

Thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Nils Arne)
I have been advised to contact you regarding funding for my progression on the MSc Grantmaking, Philanthropy and Social Investment at CASS Business School.

I completed the Postgraduate Certificate stage on 28 November 2019 but did not progress straight to Diploma at that stage as my employer was unable to cover the costs. The deadline to convert to Diploma has been extended to October 2021 and I would like to continue through this and then to MSc stage.

Can you advise if I am eligible for a government postgraduate loan to continue this study?

Thanks.
Hi Nils,

The postgraduate loan is available for postgraduate master's courses only (Level 7)

The course must also be either:

A full-time course lasting 1 or 2 years; or
A part-time course lasting 2 academic years which has a 1 year Full Time Equivalent (FTE)
A part-time course lasting 3 or 4 academic years which has a 2 year FTE; or
A part-time course lasting up to 3 years* which has no FTE course.
1 year courses will always be undertaken on a full-time basis, but 2 year courses may be full-time or part-time.

The following courses are not eligible for funding:

3 year Part Time courses that are a 1 year FTE
4 year Part Time courses that are either a 1 year FTE or that have no FTE course
A partial postgraduate masters course
If you are carrying credits over from a previous course in order to complete a postgraduate master's course

To be eligible the course must be a full, stand alone master's course and not a top up from a lower level course.

Based on your post, you will be carrying credits over and therefore it looks like you will be ineligible.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.06%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.14%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (99)
10.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.35%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.85%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.4%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (101)
11.14%
Financial worries (62)
6.84%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.17%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.87%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.59%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.16%

Watched Threads