The Student Room Group

Piercings and an MC career

Hiya, I just wondered if anyone had any experience/knowledge regarding MC firms' views on piercings on trainees and lawyers.

I've got a tc with an MC firm and am wanting to get some more ear piercings, but am just worried that this might be a problem in a couple of years' time. For reference, I'd only be getting a few more cartilage piercings (so I'd have 6/7 total, and nothing on the nose or face) and would stick to subtle and tasteful studs or small rings. I'd just rather not go through the pain and cost of getting them done if I'm going to need to take them out when I start working.

On a MC vac scheme I did notice a couple of associates and trainees had subtle nose piercings, so am assuming that having various subtle ear piercings won't be an issue, but just wondered if someone can confirm.

Thanks!
ask people in your intake or hr. corporate law academy has more MC peepz than this forum which is full of wannabes and schoolchildren
Thanks for your help! I guess that solves the career-side issues, now I just have to get over the fear of getting the actual piercings
Reply 3
I'm at a MC Firm. Piercings are fine. A few of my friends have nose rings, and many ear piercings.
Original post by Varis
I'm at a MC Firm. Piercings are fine. A few of my friends have nose rings, and many ear piercings.

Amazing thank you - so nobody cares at all if you have a handful of cartilage piercings?
Reply 5
Original post by h0pefulstudent
Amazing thank you - so nobody cares at all if you have a handful of cartilage piercings?

Yeah I don't think (especially in this current WFH era) many people will notice or care. Best to get a sense check with your supervisor as every department is different, but it should be fine.
Original post by Varis
Yeah I don't think (especially in this current WFH era) many people will notice or care. Best to get a sense check with your supervisor as every department is different, but it should be fine.

Worst case I can always take them out when I'm in a fussier seat - which MC firm are you at can I ask?
Reply 7
Original post by h0pefulstudent
Worst case I can always take them out when I'm in a fussier seat - which MC firm are you at can I ask?

CC and I have close friends at Slaughters, FF and A&O.

Quick Reply

Latest