The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Thinking about Imperial 2022

Hi Everyone,

I would like to study in Imperial for 2022, but I don't have a great academic history. For example, I originally got UUU in my A Levels in 2016 (after 'self-studying'). I cycled 30+ miles to school every day (here in the UK), but unfortunately I got slightly lower than predicted at GCSE (B instead of A in necessary subjects), so I couldn't study the subjects I wanted, and self-studying was the only option. The lower grade at GCSE was due to a head injury, but unfortunately I didn't speak to anyone at my school about this - I just stopped coming in for the last few months after my head injury. The only people aware of the head injury are probably NHS.

I also wanted to take A levels again in 2018, but didn't (I did make a UCAS application).

I joined an evening certificate course, but couldn't get student funding after joining it, so I had to quit (couldn't prove residency). I was also enrolled on a self-funded Computer Science course and got a first on my first 2 modules, but this isn't what I wanted to study, and I realised completing this would remove eligibility for student finance, so I quit the course. So I technically have 2x previous universities where I studied.

In the distant past, I got a very high place in a maths olympiad in my home country.

Should I mention all of this in my UCAS application for 2022, or should I just add the universities/sixth form dates, but not mention anything in my PS? I've read a lot of advice that the PS needs to be positive, so should I just not mention anything about not being able to find a place for the subjects I wanted at sixth form, and not being able to get student finance, etc.?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending