The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is LSE fun?

Hi!
LSE is my first choice uni and i applied for economics and politics, I really want to go there, only I’ve heard bad things about it’s student satisfaction...
Is it really as bad as people say it is, in terms of people and the atmosphere? I want to make friends at uni lol....
You’ll probably find many threads about LSE’s abysmal student satisfaction, most of which have true reasonings.

I’ll say one thing about the “it’s what you make of it” mindset. The poor student satisfaction at LSE isn’t just the social element. It’s the institution and how they treat students. It’s the “campus”. It’s the lack of support and terrible teaching. Its the huge class sizes. It’s things that are out of students ability to change. It’s the toxic finance culture. Just working hard on the social life won’t change these things. My advice, from personal experience, is to stay away, particularly at undergraduate level.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
To balance out econ.person's points:

Its student satisfaction was relatively high in the latest NSS (highest in London) and over the last year the campus has grown with a new building and central courtyard which have given students some nice spaces to hang out and promote the social side. Teaching in my experience has been positive (though like anywhere, some better than others).

If you want to avoid the finance mindset, it's quite easy. Join one of the many societies that aren't finance focused and interact with those students.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending