Julia at Vamos
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
¡Hola a todos!

Me llamo Julia Rodriguez and I am the TSR Rep for Vamos, one of the UK’s leading Spanish language schools.

I'm here to help you with any questions you have about your Spanish Year 13 A level and tell you about the support we can provide with our amazing, fun online courses.

Starting in early January, I will be sharing our Top Tips on how to improve your Spanish.

Do you have any questions about your Spanish A level? Is there any part of the syllabus you would like to improve?

Tell me and I will try to help - this is the thread for you! :five:
Last edited by Julia at Vamos; 4 months ago
popsy354
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
¡Hola! I am a year 12 student who has taken Spanish and I am unsure of how to make notes that I can come back to during revision of my topics. Aside of quizlet flashcards for vocabulary, what do you recommend I do?
Julia at Vamos
Rep:
?
(Original post by popsy354)
¡Hola! I am a year 12 student who has taken Spanish and I am unsure of how to make notes that I can come back to during revision of my topics. Aside of quizlet flashcards for vocabulary, what do you recommend I do?
¡Hola!

Thank you for your question

I will check with our teachers after Christmas, but I remember several years ago we wrote a couple of articles on our blog site about tips for revision.

Here are the links. Please let me know if you find them helpful.

Tips to Help you Learn and Is Learning Spanish Difficult? (Sorry some of the pictures are not loading, there have been quite a few changes on our site since then.)

Something else I used to do was write a short summary (1-2 sentences) after each class. Highlighting key words and using colours to identify different sections also helped make notes a little more fun, and definitely easier to go back to.

We created a Year 12 thread to share advice for students starting A level Spanish: Top Tips for Year 12 Spanish A level. Please look out for our top tip posts after Christmas.

By the way, we also have an amazing Year 12 spring term course starting in early January (let me know if you would like to know more).

I hope this is useful and please let me know if I can be of any more help.

¡Feliz Navidad!

Julia
Last edited by Julia at Vamos; 5 months ago
kikib02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hola! Soy cristina y soy un estudiante de Year 13!

I would just like a bit of guidance on how to efficiently revise for spanish A level? In 2 weeks I have my reading,listening and writing mock which is 2hr30mins I just don't know on how to revise? Most of my notes are just classwork activities. I'm currently working at an A however do you have any tips on how to secure an A*?
Tips for the writing papers too? I'm doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Volver thank you
Julia at Vamos
Rep:
?
(Original post by kikib02)
Hola! Soy cristina y soy un estudiante de Year 13!

I would just like a bit of guidance on how to efficiently revise for spanish A level? In 2 weeks I have my reading,listening and writing mock which is 2hr30mins I just don't know on how to revise? Most of my notes are just classwork activities. I'm currently working at an A however do you have any tips on how to secure an A*?
Tips for the writing papers too? I'm doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Volver thank you
¡Hola, Cristina!

First of all, congratulations on achieving an A so far, that’s very impressive.

I recommend you have a look at the articles that I shared earlier (Tips to Help you Learn and Is Learning Spanish Difficult?) as they contain a lot of tips that will help make revision fun and more effective.

The key to getting that top grade at A level is practising regularly in all four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Here are a few ideas:

• Put aside a few minutes each day to listen to something that you enjoy in Spanish (whether it’s a film, a podcast or music) – don’t be afraid to sing along or repeat the words out loud!
  • Write vocabulary words on post-it notes and put them all over your bedroom – every time you see one, think of a sentence containing the word that you want to learn
  • Read in Spanish! You can find short book recommendations on our blog, as well as links to the free online versions

It’s also important to familiarise yourself with the format of the exam and to ensure that you fine-tune your answers to satisfy the examiners’ criteria.

Our courses put a strong focus on exam techniques and helping our students become familiar with the style of questions and their requirements. This is absolutely essential if you want to go from A to A*, so make sure you work on this too!

I hope this helps and buena suerte with your mock – and let me know if you’d like to know more about our courses and how they work. 😊

Un saludo,

Julia
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Although I'm doing German A Level, I'll use your tips, thank you!

For the book and film section which is paper 2 how would you suggest we revise for it especially if you've never analysed them with your class.
Julia at Vamos
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
¡Hola a todos, y bienvenidos a nuestro primer Year 13 blog!

Esta semana vamos a repasar La Guerra Civil española.

La Guerra Civil fue un conflicto que se desencadenó en España en 1936 y que dio lugar, tres años después, a la dictadura franquista.

La Guerra Civil enfrentó a las "dos Españas": la España progresista o de izquierda y la España conservadora o de derecha.

En la imagen a continuación, puedes ver las visiones opuestas de los españoles izquierdistas y los españoles conservadores.

Week 1 challenge:

¿Qué otros puntos de desacuerdo había entre las dos Españas y cómo llevaron a la Guerra Civil?

Pon a prueba tu conocimiento de la historia de España: ¿qué sucedió en España en estas fechas?

Completa la actividad de manera interactiva en este link. ¿Cuántas has acertado?

Name:  Year 13 B1.4.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  334.5 KB
Last edited by Julia at Vamos; 4 months ago
Julia at Vamos
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
¡Hola a todos, y bienvenidos a nuestro segundo blog!

Hoy vamos a repasar el tema de las monarquías y las dictaduras.

En la imagen a continuación, puedes ver los nombres de varios dictadores latinoamericanos.

Week 2 challenge:

Relaciona los nombres de los dictadores con sus fotos (A-E) y di en qué países impusieron sus dictaduras.

Luego contesta a las siguientes preguntas:

1. ¿En qué época vivió América Latina el mayor número de regímenes dictatoriales?
    a. Siglo XX
    b. Mediados del siglo XX
    c. Siglo XIX
  2. ¿Qué país lationamericano fue el primero en independizarse?
    a. Colombia
    b. México
    c. Venezuela

Name:  Year 13 B2.png
Views: 26
Size:  364.7 KB
Last edited by Julia at Vamos; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (101)
27.3%
England (123)
33.24%
Belgium (29)
7.84%
Germany (40)
10.81%
Spain (8)
2.16%