The Student Room Group

Is he just in it for sex?

How do I know of the guy I’m seeing is just in it for the physical stuff? Like we’ve been seeing eachother for around 4 months now, we talk everyday, I see him at least once or twice a week , he’s really nice And sweet and everything and in the beginning I liked talking to him but now it seems like it’s all physical and the only solid conversations we have are flirting. We’ve never talked about us as an actual thing, he said the other day “for me the difference between a relationship and a friendship is the physical side” and I was just kinda there like okay so we not gonna discuss that we do the physical stuff yet have never formally mentioned a relationship or anything? But idk how do I tell if this is purely physical? Cos I feel like it is at this point lol
it’s defo important the physical side but i think u just need to re evaluate what you want from the relationship. If you don’t mind the fact that it’s just physical and less emotional then ur okay but if u want more than that from ur relationship then you have a problem :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
How do I know of the guy I’m seeing is just in it for the physical stuff? Like we’ve been seeing eachother for around 4 months now, we talk everyday, I see him at least once or twice a week , he’s really nice And sweet and everything and in the beginning I liked talking to him but now it seems like it’s all physical and the only solid conversations we have are flirting. We’ve never talked about us as an actual thing, he said the other day “for me the difference between a relationship and a friendship is the physical side” and I was just kinda there like okay so we not gonna discuss that we do the physical stuff yet have never formally mentioned a relationship or anything? But idk how do I tell if this is purely physical? Cos I feel like it is at this point lol

I mean, he probably is... But if that's not what you want, it doesn't have to be the thing that ends your relationship. Lots of people go into relationships purely for physical aspects, and realise that actually there are other aspects they enjoy too. Remember you don't have to go any further than you want to (even if you have done before, situations vary), and he might equally not be ready to call it anything. It might sound a bit odd, but if you are genuinely worried, why not just ask him? It'd clear up motivations, and you being upfront will be better than passively going along with things.
it defo shouldn’t be purely physical. Sex won’t keep u together forever
Yes, it sounds like it.
How old is he?
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, it sounds like it.
How old is he?

He’s 20
Original post by Anonymous
He’s 20

If he's at uni or working part time, he's probably only interested in a mutually convenient casual relationship based on sexual attraction and physical elements.
Most guys in their early 20s are not looking for any long term commitments- unless they are religious or agree with a family tradition of starting families/marriage younger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending