Jackgrant4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi everyone.

I am a UK and Aussie citizen, I have spent most of my life in Australia (born in the UK and moved away at age 3).

I am wanting to move to the UK to study for the 2021 year, but have noticed the requirements for student financing (https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies).

Are there any other options for financing my studies?
Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jackgrant4)
Hi everyone.

I am a UK and Aussie citizen, I have spent most of my life in Australia (born in the UK and moved away at age 3).

I am wanting to move to the UK to study for the 2021 year, but have noticed the requirements for student financing (https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies).

Are there any other options for financing my studies?
Thanks!
Hi Jack, as you have previously settled in the UK up until the age of 3. You could be eligible for funding but only if you could prove your time in Australia was temporary not permanent. If you were living in Australia permanently then you wouldn't be eligible for funding in the 21/22 academic year.
Thanks, Isaac
Jackgrant4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Jack, as you have previously settled in the UK up until the age of 3. You could be eligible for funding but only if you could prove your time in Australia was temporary not permanent. If you were living in Australia permanently then you wouldn't be eligible for funding in the 21/22 academic year.
Thanks, Isaac
Thanks Isaac.

Are there any other ways I can access a student loan? Banks could be the way to go?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jackgrant4)
Thanks Isaac.

Are there any other ways I can access a student loan? Banks could be the way to go?
We are unable to recommend any third party options, however if you speak to the university then they will be able to offer further advice on this.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.6%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.76%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.43%

Watched Threads