The Student Room Group

Is tattoo allowed in sixth form?

I would like to get a tattoo (only a small one on my wrist) at 16, on the summer after GCSEs.
I would like to go to sixth form after, and my question is-is tattoo allowed?
My school's website does not have any information on this topic, only that piercings and nail extensions are not allowed, so I assume there's nothing wrong with a tattoo, but just in case, I wanted to ask other students too based on experiences in opinions.
Some tattoo places will ask you to wait until you are 18. Why not wait until then?
Reply 2
Not just some places; in the UK it is illegal to give a tattoo to anyone under the age of 18.
if piercings are not allowed then i would doubt that a tattoo is however really what r they going do. So long as its small its probably going to be fine. Ik people at my friends sixth form w tattoos eventho they aren't supposed to really and they just overlook it bc they cant do anything about it. However i would suggest waiting until ur 18 especially as in the UK it is illegal to anyone to tattoo someone below 18 and generally any good tattoo artist will refuse anyone below 18 so you have a higher likelihood of getting a *****y tattoo either way. I remember i thought i couldnt wait until i was 18 but 2 years goes really fast.
Original post by Kim&lt
I would like to get a tattoo (only a small one on my wrist) at 16, on the summer after GCSEs.
I would like to go to sixth form after, and my question is-is tattoo allowed?
My school's website does not have any information on this topic, only that piercings and nail extensions are not allowed, so I assume there's nothing wrong with a tattoo, but just in case, I wanted to ask other students too based on experiences in opinions.

I'm in year 13 and a few of the 18 year olds have them and aren't in trouble but I wouldn't risk it.
Original post by Batteries
I'm in year 13 and a few of the 18 year olds have them and aren't in trouble but I wouldn't risk it.

Do you go to a college or sixth form though. I go to a college and literally anything is allowed i think it is a bit different at some sixth forms particularly if they do not allow piercings. People literally can have sleeves at mine if they wanted to. They always look **** tho bc obviously at 18 you don't normally have a lot of money and don't do their research.
Original post by something_orphic
Do you go to a college or sixth form though. I go to a college and literally anything is allowed i think it is a bit different at some sixth forms particularly if they do not allow piercings. People literally can have sleeves at mine if they wanted to. They always look **** tho bc obviously at 18 you don't normally have a lot of money and don't do their research.

I'm at a proper sixth form so you'd probably get away with it at a college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending