The Student Room Group

Combined science - CGP books

Hello

Can I pass a higher combined science gcse exam but with a foundation combined science cgp book?
I didn’t use any cgp books and passed combined science with an 88 so yes, definitely! However, higher content is much harder than foundation so I’d recommend not using the cgp foundation book as your main source of revision because then you’re capping your grade at a 4/5 max. Make sure to use other resources too! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Reanna.xxx
I didn’t use any cgp books and passed combined science with an 88 so yes, definitely! However, higher content is much harder than foundation so I’d recommend not using the cgp foundation book as your main source of revision because then you’re capping your grade at a 4/5 max. Make sure to use other resources too! :smile:

Thank you but like what resources?
You should be able to get a higher combined science book from your school. I would ask your teachers for one as they do have lots of practise questions that are better suited.
Original post by something_orphic
You should be able to get a higher combined science book from your school. I would ask your teachers for one as they do have lots of practise questions that are better suited.

Well I am not ACTUALLY sitting higher paper. I asked my teacher to put me in higher and she told me I will do a mock and see how it goes and i asked what should i be revising she said the revision foundation book and the other stuff (flashcards, lessons in google classroom,...)
Original post by Fantastik-em
Well I am not ACTUALLY sitting higher paper. I asked my teacher to put me in higher and she told me I will do a mock and see how it goes and i asked what should i be revising she said the revision foundation book and the other stuff (flashcards, lessons in google classroom,...)

ahh i see yeah the foundation book should be fine. I think i would start by getting the higher syllabus and then working from there. There are plenty of online videos and exam practise.
Original post by Fantastik-em
Thank you but like what resources?

I personally mainly used past papers but sites like physics and maths tutor (not just physics and maths) are really helpful. Also, youtube videos by snaprevise and freesciencelessons were great!
Original post by Reanna.xxx
I personally mainly used past papers but sites like physics and maths tutor (not just physics and maths) are really helpful. Also, youtube videos by snaprevise and freesciencelessons were great!

Okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by something_orphic
ahh i see yeah the foundation book should be fine. I think i would start by getting the higher syllabus and then working from there. There are plenty of online videos and exam practise.

Oh thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest