AKleins
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey all,

Firstly, let me say that I am aware of ton of threads for this role but I haven't seen one for the Leeds office.

Had my interview about two weeks ago 07/12/20, got an email today 17/12/20 stating that I've been successful but put on reserve list.

I scored 5, 6, 5, 7 on the behaviour questions and 16 on the strength questions. In the comment section at bottom stated "outstanding candidate", if I am so outstanding give me a job lol

Emailed them asking where I stand on the reserve list.

I read that most of people get placed into reserve list and allocated place afterwards.

Anyone has experience with Leeds office? How long people had to wait to be placed and so on?

Cheers
Sunsmile123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, those are amazing scores! Well done. I had my interview on the 29th October. A week later I was put on a reserve list. A month later on the 29th November, I received a provisional offer. They started the pre employment checks. This has been completed but now awaiting further contact. It’s going to be a month next week since the provisional offer. I think they tell those that have been unsuccessful and the rest who have met the minimum pass mark are put on a reserve list. Then they go through all the successful candidates and appoint them based on merit order. It certainly is a long process! Good luck. With those scores, you should receive an offer soon.
AKleins
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunsmile123)
Hi, those are amazing scores! Well done. I had my interview on the 29th October. A week later I was put on a reserve list. A month later on the 29th November, I received a provisional offer. They started the pre employment checks. This has been completed but now awaiting further contact. It’s going to be a month next week since the provisional offer. I think they tell those that have been unsuccessful and the rest who have met the minimum pass mark are put on a reserve list. Then they go through all the successful candidates and appoint them based on merit order. It certainly is a long process! Good luck. With those scores, you should receive an offer soon.
Hi,

Cheers, my first time doing a civil service interview so wasn't fully sure if they are good or the feedback was exaggerating. It's been a week now since i've been put on the reserve list, realistically don't think i'll hear anything till mid Jan but can't help myself lol. I actually got in touch with the recruitment team and asked where I am on their reserve list, they said I am second on the list. Not sure if that is good or not.

From what I've read it definitely is a long process, as long as I get an offer I don't mind waiting as it seems as a good job.
If you don't mind me asking, did you get similar scores and was your application for Leeds office?

Cheers
Sunsmile123
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AKleins)
Hi,

Cheers, my first time doing a civil service interview so wasn't fully sure if they are good or the feedback was exaggerating. It's been a week now since i've been put on the reserve list, realistically don't think i'll hear anything till mid Jan but can't help myself lol. I actually got in touch with the recruitment team and asked where I am on their reserve list, they said I am second on the list. Not sure if that is good or not.

From what I've read it definitely is a long process, as long as I get an offer I don't mind waiting as it seems as a good job.
If you don't mind me asking, did you get similar scores and was your application for Leeds office?

Cheers
I totally understand. I’m constantly checking my emails for an update. Second is a really good position to be in.

My application was for the Leeds office HO compliance. I scored 6,6,4,4 for behaviour and 12 for strengths. Tbh I don’t think I did as well as I would have liked to but seems like I did enough.
Your results were brilliant in comparison so I think it just depends on when you applied. They tend to go down the reserve list from previous applications.
AKleins
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunsmile123)
I totally understand. I’m constantly checking my emails for an update. Second is a really good position to be in.

My application was for the Leeds office HO compliance. I scored 6,6,4,4 for behaviour and 12 for strengths. Tbh I don’t think I did as well as I would have liked to but seems like I did enough.
Your results were brilliant in comparison so I think it just depends on when you applied. They tend to go down the reserve list from previous applications.
Yeah, same here. Keep refreshing the emails constantly, even though I know that realistically I'll only hear back from them around mid January.

I applied on 04/10, interviewed on 07/12 and got put on reserve list on 16/12.
How does the provisional offer work, is it provisional due to passing checks?
Aa1223
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey all,

Firstly, let me say that I am aware of ton of threads for this role but I haven't seen one for the Leeds office.

Had my interview about two weeks ago 07/12/20, got an email today 17/12/20 stating that I've been successful but put on reserve list.

I scored 5, 6, 5, 7 on the behaviour questions and 16 on the strength questions. In the comment section at bottom stated "outstanding candidate", if I am so outstanding give me a job lol

Emailed them asking where I stand on the reserve list.

I read that most of people get placed into reserve list and allocated place afterwards.

Anyone has experience with Leeds office? How long people had to wait to be placed and so on?

Cheers
Hi I’ve recently had my interview! Same I’m glad to see someone on here for Leeds roles. I’m hoping to hear back soon. How long were you waiting for an interview and how did you find it?
Sunsmile123
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, same here. Keep refreshing the emails constantly, even though I know that realistically I'll only hear back from them around mid January.

I applied on 04/10, interviewed on 07/12 and got put on reserve list on 16/12.
How does the provisional offer work, is it provisional due to passing checks?
Yes, they do ID checks, DBS check and references (if you’re not a civil servant).
AKleins
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aa1223)
Hi I’ve recently had my interview! Same I’m glad to see someone on here for Leeds roles. I’m hoping to hear back soon. How long were you waiting for an interview and how did you find it?
I applied on 04/10 and got interview invite on 20/11, with interview being on 07/12.
To be fair I found it ok, did some research and preparation.
Kind of wished that I went in to bit more detail on my answers but I guess nerves got the best of me.
Aa1223
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I applied on 04/10 and got interview invite on 20/11, with interviewing being on 07/12.
To be fair I found it ok, did some research and preparation.
Kind of wished that I went in to bit more detail on my answers but I guess nerves got the best of me.
That’s great hopefully you get an update soon. I’m eager to know how many people are on the reserve list tbh.I know how you feel and I felt like I didn’t really get a chance to go answer why I wanted to the role and go into detail about my experience and key skills 😭.
trang193
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I applied for O Compliance Caseworker Leeds My scores are 5 6 6 for behavioral questions and 12 for strength ones. Really don’t know if this is enough I got an email yesterday told me to send them the ID docs that they requested me to show during the interview. Anyone got the same email?
waldner71
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by trang193)
I applied for O Compliance Caseworker Leeds My scores are 5 6 6 for behavioral questions and 12 for strength ones. Really don’t know if this is enough I got an email yesterday told me to send them the ID docs that they requested me to show during the interview. Anyone got the same email?
Very good scores, the strengths are marked out of 4 I believe so looks like you got the maximum on those, and the main competencies are out of 7. I'd be very surprised if you didnt get an offer soon although may also depend how many applicants there were and what the demand is going forwards. I scored less than you, and am on the reserve list. I also had the email asking for the id docs to be emailed in pdf format, standard process.
trang193
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by waldner71)
Very good scores, the strengths are marked out of 4 I believe so looks like you got the maximum on those, and the main competencies are out of 7. I'd be very surprised if you didnt get an offer soon although may also depend how many applicants there were and what the demand is going forwards. I scored less than you, and am on the reserve list. I also had the email asking for the id docs to be emailed in pdf format, standard process.
Have you heard back from them after sending ID docs email? I guess it's waiting time now from what I read it would be a long waiting time
Desire2succeed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Mate what was the interview like? I have applied a few weeks ago and still to hear back from them? Thanks
Denisberlin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Has anybody heard anything back about the provisional offer? I am in the same boat with the provisional offer but haven’t heard anything back since February. 😞
trang193
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Denisberlin)
Has anybody heard anything back about the provisional offer? I am in the same boat with the provisional offer but haven’t heard anything back since February. 😞
I’m sorry to hear that. My job is band O. Got provisional offer somewhere end of Jan. Got formal one by end or March. They gave me start date on 04.05. Should you email them?
Desire2succeed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by trang193)
I’m sorry to hear that. My job is band O. Got provisional offer somewhere end of Jan. Got formal one by end or March. They gave me start date on 04.05. Should you email them?
What was the interview like and how long did you wait until you got invited for an interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (57)
19.52%
Virtual accommodation tour (39)
13.36%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (15)
5.14%
Video content about the local area (2)
0.68%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.77%
Taster lectures or seminars (67)
22.95%
Speak to current students studying my course (61)
20.89%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (12)
4.11%
Fun online activities or experiences (11)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (7)
2.4%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (4)
1.37%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.05%

Watched Threads