Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mmkay, so I'm going in about 4 days. I've nothing planned at all, really, but I was just wondering if other people do/did things with their friends/families the day(s) before they were going off to uni? I dunno, I'm bored . Tell me stories.

ReputationRep:
    i spent the last few days with my mam and went for a family meal. Didnt have a last night out as my friends have kinda drifted apart over the summer

ReputationRep:
    Spend time with family, as you'll NEVER see them again.

ReputationRep:
    The one before uni I was doing a show up until the night before I left, so I didn't have much of a chance to "do things" with family, though it did mean I got to be around my friends. All our families came on the last night, and my mum and my two best mates' mums all ended up having a good cry together as we'd all be gone in a fortnight. Since then though, we tend to go out for a meal or have a special dinner in the house the night before I go back - my parents always joke that it's the last good meal I'll have so they like to send me off properly. And make sure you're packed!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my second year so I guess I don't really belong in here, haha.

But; my last days are spent packing and wearing old clothes that are the wrong size as my dad is doing all my laundry ready for Uni.
    Fun fun fun.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt do much really.

Friends wise, one night we all had a meal round one persons house and i had a leaving night out on the Friday before i left.
    Family wise, we didnt do much. I went round my nanas/aunts the morning of the day i left to say bye and that was about it.

ReputationRep:
    Gonne go have some drinks with mates to say byebye. And my dad is taking the family out for a meal..well..whats elft of the family seeing as my brother and sister are both already as uni

ReputationRep:
    Well I went to the arcade with my friends a few days before (we are teh hardcore geeks ), then went for a meal with the family the night before. I also packed 11pm the day before I moved out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAMON)
    Spend time with family, as you'll NEVER see them again.
    LOL why would anyone NEVER see their family again after going to university. It's not some kind of Bermuda Triangle or something. You've got holidays/vacations to go meet up with your family.

But I totally agree with the fact that you should spend some quality time with your parents. You will probably miss them when you are at uni. I am doing that as I prepare to start uni in a week!

ReputationRep:
    I spent the day last minute shopping with my boyfriend and then crying because we weren't going to see each other for two months.

It was fun.

ReputationRep:
    This weekend (last one) I'm going for a meal and then out with ones from college. I'll be packing the last of my stuff up next week, and hopefully meeting up with friends and family. A final night out on Wed...and that's it. There might be tears on my nights out, but otherwise...blah. I can't see many being too bothered, so neither am I.

ReputationRep:
    nothing, just said goodbye till I next visit home! (my birthday is next wednesday)

ReputationRep:
    I go on a Tuesday, so I'll be out with my friends on the Saturday night, my dad has a family do planned for the Sunday, and I think my other half will probably stay over on the Monday night (well, he's taking me to uni, so it's a good idea anyway, besides the fact that I obviously want to see him properly before I go).

ReputationRep:
    All my mates have already left and it's only my mum around

So no Kater Murr, I am in fact stuck here doing nothing :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just meeting with friends for dinner almost every night. I'm off on Saturday

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.