The Student Room Group

Crush on older guy

FYI I don’t think I have a crush on this guy, I did, but now I don’t I just need it to be relevant to get answers.

Back in the summer I met this guy he was 28 and I was 18 and we ended up hooking up. Please leave the judgement at the door I have not come here for that, I know what you must think but honestly he did not look his age and he was extremely attractive, I would not have but him any older that 25. we met via Grindr (both gay) and hooked up about 3 times. The times that we spent together were very good, during sex he was extremely respectful and kind but also we spent a lot of time talking and chilling before and after the sex act occurred. I am ashamed to say I did get feels for him and I won’t say that he did too, but he did keep saying how he liked me and that I was nice. Anyway after we met a couple of times, he told me not to get attached and then thing ended when he went back to the navy.

Now in December he is back and he wants to meet up again for obvious reasons and I am so torn. Part of me wants to go, maybe for that thrill with him again, but part of me thinks its a bad idea because I will just get caught up in the feels again. I want to say no to him, but then I don’t want him to go and find someone else to do things with - does this make sense?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
FYI I don’t think I have a crush on this guy, I did, but now I don’t I just need it to be relevant to get answers.

Back in the summer I met this guy he was 28 and I was 18 and we ended up hooking up. Please leave the judgement at the door I have not come here for that, I know what you must think but honestly he did not look his age and he was extremely attractive, I would not have but him any older that 25. we met via Grindr (both gay) and hooked up about 3 times. The times that we spent together were very good, during sex he was extremely respectful and kind but also we spent a lot of time talking and chilling before and after the sex act occurred. I am ashamed to say I did get feels for him and I won’t say that he did too, but he did keep saying how he liked me and that I was nice. Anyway after we met a couple of times, he told me not to get attached and then thing ended when he went back to the navy.

Now in December he is back and he wants to meet up again for obvious reasons and I am so torn. Part of me wants to go, maybe for that thrill with him again, but part of me thinks its a bad idea because I will just get caught up in the feels again. I want to say no to him, but then I don’t want him to go and find someone else to do things with - does this make sense?

Hi, its a hard one, if you think that you can spend time with him without getting feelings for him and knowing that its not a long term thing then its not a bad thing to want to spend time with him..

However, if you think that by spending time with him is going to bring up old feelings that you have got over, then I would avoid it. Yes he might end up with someone else, but it will save you the heartbreak in the long term.. If your first reaction is to say no then I would go with that, keep yourself distracted and if he does get with someone else then thats up to him.. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending