Autumn exam, bad results? Anyone? 🥲

Watch
Bluerainy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I’m planning on doing the summer exams now seeing how badly the autumn ones went for me, I’m not even surprised, I walked into the exam without even finishing the content or doing past papers 😓...

But now I’m terrified whether my referee gonna give me the predicted grades I need and whether uni gonna offer me a place this 😓😓
MahaC
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
I’m planning on doing the summer exams now seeing how badly the autumn ones went for me, I’m not even surprised, I walked into the exam without even finishing the content or doing past papers 😓...

But now I’m terrified whether my referee gonna give me the predicted grades I need and whether uni gonna offer me a place this 😓😓
Awww don't worry! First of all, loads of people are in the same boat as you are and this year has just been a major **** up anyways. Also, your referee will most likely give you the predicted grades you need but worst-case scenario they don't give you the predicted grades you need, you can just smash the summer A levels and apply through clearing. xx
username4446940
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Lol same, I planned it as soon as I left the exam, I’m not even bothering to look my exam results I know I’ve failed because I didn’t answer a paper, luckily my school or ex school I guess is willing to provide me with predicted grades and a reference again, I’m sure if you ask yours can too?
MahaC
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Lolamondayy)
Lol same, I planned it as soon as I left the exam, I’m not even bothering to look my exam results I know I’ve failed because I didn’t answer a paper, luckily my school or ex school I guess is willing to provide me with predicted grades and a reference again, I’m sure if you ask yours can too?
I'm confused on how that works tho. Is it basically just like applying again in Year 13?
username4446940
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by MahaC)
I'm confused on how that works tho. Is it basically just like applying again in Year 13?
Yeah basically, same reference and predicted grades (for me anyway) just slightly amended if you wanna apply for something different
Bluerainy
Rep:
(Original post by Lolamondayy)
Yeah basically, same reference and predicted grades (for me anyway) just slightly amended if you wanna apply for something different
The predicted grades my referee said gonna give me is wayy below the uni entry requirements... he said he gonna test me after Christmas in all subjects and I need to score really high if he would consider predicting me AAA... 🥲

Idk how I’m suppose to jump multiple grades in a week for three subjects, maybe he gave me mission impossible so he can just predict me low like he wanted in the beginning... also not to mention how close to deadline it’s gonna be... I’m so stressed rn 🥲
_speedwagon_
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago

What grades do you now have?
_speedwagon_
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
The predicted grades my referee said gonna give me is wayy below the uni entry requirements... he said he gonna test me after Christmas in all subjects and I need to score really high if he would consider predicting me AAA... 🥲

Idk how I’m suppose to jump multiple grades in a week for three subjects, maybe he gave me mission impossible so he can just predict me low like he wanted in the beginning... also not to mention how close to deadline it’s gonna be... I’m so stressed rn 🥲
test you after christmas? the deadline for applying is the 15th of January
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 11 months ago

But how can he predict you AAA if you didn't get close to those grades on the CAGs or the Autumn exams?
Bluerainy
Rep:
(Original post by harrysbar)
But how can he predict you AAA if you didn't get close to those grades on the CAGs or the Autumn exams?
They said I’m comfortably at BBB right now and I can get AAA with just a little push but they don’t wanna predict me AAA in case exam gets cancelled and this yr predicted grades are too important... I don’t know what to make sense of that 🥲

Btw I haven’t got all my results back yet, I’m (including the people who did in the same centre) not gonna get results yet, they said they’ll try to give it to us in January. Apparently there was some technical problem, now I don’t know if I’ll get my results by 15th Jan.
But I know I didn’t get A’s in them for sure, I only got bio back and I got a C (3 marks away from B) on it. And my referee still hell bent on predicting me a B on bio too 🙂🔫
Last edited by Bluerainy; 11 months ago
cr_9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Same, I don't want to leave my grades like this but I don't want unis to have one more reason to not consider me because I'll be resitting...
username4446940
Rep:
Report 11 months ago

Oh damn, that’s so irritating, mine are just giving me the same, have you begged??
wafflesarebae
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Hi I don't know if you're going to see this but did unis penalise you for having a bad autumn and summer grade even though you were going to sit the next summer ones? I want to get into Glasgow/Edinburgh
Bluerainy
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by wafflesarebae)
Hi I don't know if you're going to see this but did unis penalise you for having a bad autumn and summer grade even though you were going to sit the next summer ones? I want to get into Glasgow/Edinburgh
Hi, I had a change of plans… I’ve decided to take this summer exams set instead. You should email admissions team for specific uni for specific course cause everyone’s different, I remember I emailed UCL and they said they don’t accept more than one retake for biomed, whereas King’s didn’t have a problem with it, so it all depends on the uni and course.
wafflesarebae
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I had a change of plans… I’ve decided to take this summer exams set instead. You should email admissions team for specific uni for specific course cause everyone’s different, I remember I emailed UCL and they said they don’t accept more than one retake for biomed, whereas King’s didn’t have a problem with it, so it all depends on the uni and course.
But didn't you say the autumn ones went really badly for you? So you did both no? And technically doesn't it not count as a resit but the first sitting as our actual a levels were cancelled so the summer ones would be counted as the first resit?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.77%
Okay (66)
28.95%
A bit lacking (85)
37.28%
Not good at all (57)
25%

Watched Threads