Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Girls, how many shoes are you taking to uni?

I'm packing atm and think I'm taking wayyy too many...

ReputationRep:

pairs that is, not shoes.

ReputationRep:
    ive got about 15-20pairs of shoes and 10 pairs of boots

ReputationRep:
    This year:
    Trainers, Doc Martens, plain black work type shoes, plain black pumps, sparkly blue/green pumps, shiny purple pumps. Will probably get my boots down when the weather gets colder. So far, all occasions covered and I haven't wanted any pairs I left at home.

ReputationRep:
    lots. Take all of your shoes then you will never put an outfit on and think hmmm i wish id brought _____ shoes with me!

ReputationRep:
    If I was going to uni this year I'd probably take 2 different types of metallic flats, 3 heels, converse, slippers :o: and then I usually buy new shoes when I buy new outfits. So I would probably end up with 30 pairs by the end of the year..! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i take all of my shoes, and all in their own boxes. It takes up lots of space in the car but it looks all neat and posh in my room

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!! I took 3 pairs. LOL at all of you. LOL at the debt you're going to get in to. LOL at having to pack and unpack for holidays/termtime. LOL at the fact no one even cares about shoes.

ReputationRep:
    I narrowed it down from:

to:

Thats 15 I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    LOL!!! I took 3 pairs. LOL at all of you. LOL at the debt you're going to get in to.
    What does the number of shoes we take to university have to do with the amount of debt we get into?

The more shoes, the greater the debt :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    What does the number of shoes we take to university have to do with the amount of debt we get into?

The more shoes, the greater the debt :confused: :confused: :confused:
    I meant the moron saying she buys a new pair of shoes with every outfit and will end up with 30 by the end of the year. Other people are wrangling with debt just to get beans on toast every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    LOL at the debt you're going to get in to.
    It's probably cheaper to buy shoes every now and then rather than smoking 20 **** a day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_is_noise)
    It's probably cheaper to buy shoes every now and then rather than smoking 20 **** a day..
    Very few students do that though.

ReputationRep:
    I have people (well, a person) who buys shoes for me :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well it's just embarrassing that someone should choose to admit that.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps some students who have worked hard and saved can now spend their spare cash on whatever they like?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, I just count myself as lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by button8)
    I have people (well, a person) who buys shoes for me :woo:
    Daddy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    Daddy?
    Lol, nope, my boyfriend. But even if he didn't I would have enough as I choose to live on a small budget (£150 a month) and I also save a lot by not drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by button8)
    Lol, nope, my boyfriend. But even if he didn't I would have enough as I choose to live on a small budget (£150 a month) and I also save a lot by not drinking.
    Oh, cool.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.