ZainZakariyya
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the salary for EY assurance apprentcies over the 5 years. Tried the EY careers website but they don't give a rough figure, just that the salary will be reviewed and increase.
ollielee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZainZakariyya)
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the salary for EY assurance apprentcies over the 5 years. Tried the EY careers website but they don't give a rough figure, just that the salary will be reviewed and increase.
Hey did you manage to find out anything about this?
ZainZakariyya
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ollielee)
Hey did you manage to find out anything about this
I did find the following in answer to another post with the same question. Haven't verified it but this was written...

"Yr2 - 23-28
Yr3 - 24-30
Yr4 - 34-37
Yr5 - 45-50

In year 2 and 3 I’m not sure how fast it steps up but typically B4 pay apprentices first year grad salary in their second year and then on same salary track as grads. I’d expect upper end of those ranges for years 2 and 3 on this basis."
ollielee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did find the following in answer to another post with the same question. Haven't verified it but this was written...

"Yr2 - 23-28
Yr3 - 24-30
Yr4 - 34-37
Yr5 - 45-50

In year 2 and 3 I’m not sure how fast it steps up but typically B4 pay apprentices first year grad salary in their second year and then on same salary track as grads. I’d expect upper end of those ranges for years 2 and 3 on this basis."
Yeah I found that too but since my starting salary is quoted as ~18k I’m thinking either these figures are based on London salaries or just not realistic at all.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

"Yr2 - 23-28
Yr3 - 24-30
Yr4 - 34-37
Yr5 - 45-50

those salaries are far from true, you match the grad salary on your 3rd year, and you definitely don't qualify on 50k
ollielee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
those salaries are far from true, you match the grad salary on your 3rd year, and you definitely don't qualify on 50k
That’s my thinking too. My guess is the grad salary is circa the 21k mark but obviously dependent on location and service line. Any idea of how bonuses work? Are only qualified staff eligible?
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s my thinking too. My guess is the grad salary is circa the 21k mark but obviously dependent on location and service line. Any idea of how bonuses work? Are only qualified staff eligible?
apprentices dont get bonuses as far as im aware, and for qualified staff it depends on the department
ollielee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
apprentices dont get bonuses as far as im aware, and for qualified staff it depends on the department
Hey - I’ve just looked over my offer again and apparently I am eligible as an apprentice. Who’d have thought it 😁
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey - I’ve just looked over my offer again and apparently I am eligible as an apprentice. Who’d have thought it 😁
Eligible for bonuses ? That doesn’t mean the apprentices actually get them it’s just for the contract
ollielee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eligible for bonuses ? That doesn’t mean the apprentices actually get them it’s just for the contract
Seems like a very bizarre thing to add to a contract if you’re not eligible but I guess there’s only one way to find out
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seems like a very bizarre thing to add to a contract if you’re not eligible but I guess there’s only one way to find out
it also says on your contract that they can move you to a different department depending on business needs, but that doesn't really happen.

what department is it for?
ollielee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it also says on your contract that they can move you to a different department depending on business needs, but that doesn't really happen.

what department is it for?
Data Analytics within Assurance
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Data Analytics within Assurance
hmm, unsure of that one. i will say though, I've never heard of any apprentice get a bonus thats not listed on the job description
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads