Turn on thread page Beta

Is it morally wrong to eat meat? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    Send it to my house and the little bugger won't come back at all.
    Did I mention its a mutant 8 foot wererabbit?

ReputationRep:
    Good! Plenty to stick in the freezer!

(Would the debate about eating wererabbits belong on the human-meat thread?)

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as I am responsible for that thread... Strictly no... But in this isntance yes as the subject ahs... much potential indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Is it moral? Depends on your morals.

ReputationRep:
    this is a bit off the subject but i saw a tv programme once about a family that had raised their children as fruiterians (i don't know how you spell it! )
    they only ate fruit and vegetables anyway. the father said that our bodies couldn't handle eating meat and that they wasn't built for it, which he thinks his children will discover if they try it in the future. however i think that if his children try it (meat) in the future they won't be able to handle it cause their bodies isn't used to it, and therefore don't know how to process it.

he also gave them nutritional supplements, and that isn't natural! i think he contradicted himslef the whole time.

anyway my point is that i know you can live without meat, or as in this case only on fruit and vegetables but is it really right from the parents side to not give their children a choice?

my mum is vegetarian and my father isn't and therefore i'm used to a mix of everything and i have heard arguments from both sides. personally i don't think that there is nothing wrong with eating meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    Is it moral? Depends on your morals.
    Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    I have just joined this group a few days ago and thought i'd add my bit on here....

I have been vegetarian for about 17 years, and my opinion is that yes it is morally wrong. However, I have never pushed my morals on to someone else, have never said to anyone "you shouldn't eat meat because..." Which is why my 2 children are not vegetarian. We all have the right to eat what we want, and if my children chose to become vegetarian later on in life then so be it.

All of the previous arguments about which diet is healthiest are irrelevant... vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets can be healthy if correctly balanced.

(I have now identified myself as a mature student, and will promptly go hide in the corner..... lol)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.