If you miss one of your Prelims, what happens to your grade?

Watch this thread
asdfghj4
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Since we are no longer doing SQA exams and are now doing expected grades, what would happen if you were to miss your prelim?
Kikster-7
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
It would probably differ at each school. We have been told that we will be able to take one (will be slightly different) when we are back, and will always have the chance to make up for it in other classe tests and prelims, as the SQA aren’t going to only take the results from one prelim.
cchloepx
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Not completely sure but you might be given a replacement prelim. Or they might just make you do the one you missed, I guess.
The SQA also aren't the ones grading us, it'll be our teachers who decide. My teachers have told us that our prelims won't be the only things they grade us on.
username4490612
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Most likely they will make you do the prelim anyway.
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My school is having another set of prelims in May, so that might be what your school does as well, or you would sit it when you are back into school. If you really couldn't do a prelim for whatever reason they would just have to use classwork and tests, which they are going to do anyway
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by asdfghj4)
Since we are no longer doing SQA exams and are now doing expected grades, what would happen if you were to miss your prelim?
For this it would be worth speaking to your individual school - even in a normal year people don't always sit prelims on the same day, and of course this year there will be an expectation that not everyone will be able to do it on the day due to self isolating, etc. After today's announcement, there's going to be disruption to a lot of schools' prelim plans, so your teachers might not have all the answers quite yet, but you can at least be reassured that not doing the prelim on the day won't mean you don't get a grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (144)
29.15%
It went fairly well (234)
47.37%
It didn't go too well (74)
14.98%
TERRIBLE! (42)
8.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed