Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need a pair of black boots, preferably leather, or at least leather looking. I'd prefer them to be flat, but I don't mind a small heel, as long as it's not more than an inch high. I don't want to spend any more than £80, which might narrow things down a bit.

I've looked in some shops, and all I've found so far are pull on boots that end up with a big gape at the front. Not a very fetching look.

Does anyone know where on the high street sell decent black boots?

ReputationRep:
    schuh has some pretty nice boots

ReputationRep:
    Clarks or Barratts i would suggest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    schuh has some pretty nice boots
    They are also so damn expensive, though. I'd hope they were pretty for the prices they charge!

(Original post by smilepea)
    Clarks or Barratts i would suggest
    I am going to try in there tomorrow. I just need lots of suggestions for places on the high street that sell decent boots.

So far I've tried Next, there was a big gap inbetween the boot and my leg, so they were out. New Look either didn't have my size or had the big gap. River Island were selling plastic boots for £85, so I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    faith do some nice ones... but they are about £80.. if you don't mind spending the whole budget...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)

I am going to try in there tomorrow. I just need lots of suggestions for places on the high street that sell decent boots.

So far I've tried Next, there was a big gap inbetween the boot and my leg, so they were out. New Look either didn't have my size or had the big gap. River Island were selling plastic boots for £85, so I don't think so.
    Oh have you also tried Brantano? although their shops are normally on retail parks

i've been trying to find some nice decent priced ones, and i've got the added problem of needing at least a 9 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather not spend the whole amount, that's a last resort really.

I don't think I have a Brantano near me, honestly couldn't say! I need a size 5-6, so the most popular, they always sell out before I get around to buying a pair.

ReputationRep:
    I got a pair of flat brown ones in TK Maxx for £40. Riding style, flat, but they had a massive range - worth raking if you find something amazing!

Oh and they were marked a 3 but i'm a 4 and a half ish and they fit so it's worth checking outside your normal sizing.

ReputationRep:
    I would never have though of looking in TK Maxx, might see if I can have a look in there tomorrow.

Does anyone know if Qube have anything decent in? Their website is down so can't check.

ReputationRep:
    next!! seriously their shoes are fabulously comfy, look lovely and last aaggess!
    have a look through here; http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoes/5/ theres loads!

ReputationRep:
    I've tried next. When I tried on the one boot I liked there was a massive gap between my leg and the boot, so didn't get them.

ReputationRep:
    hm thats weird, my legs are quite skinny and theres not a massive gap with mine.. some of them are 'wide fit' i think, was it one of them? O.o

ReputationRep:
    It never said anything about wide fit. I think it was these. Like those too.

I'm quite thin (size 8) so I expect there to be a slight gap, but not a massive one like there was. I could fit my hand down it!

ReputationRep:
    eurgh, thats weird :| im petite too (size 6/8) though mine are heels and i've had mine for a while now :< meh thats weird..
    looking at the pic of the first with the model wearing em, they look big on her too, and shes wearing jeans o.o
    mine are like kneehighish, maybe the ones that are calf height are just extra wide in case people want to tuck MASSIVE jeans into them? i really dont know, sorry ><

ReputationRep:
    Ideally I would be able to go between tucking jeans in or wearing tights. I think the only way I'll get that is by having a massive gap that looks stupid. The ones I have the now are fine though for both and they're from Barratts so I think I'll be heading there first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for some flat black or tan ankle boots but I can't find any that I like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cessie)
    I'm looking for some flat black or tan ankle boots but I can't find any that I like!
    I've just bought a pair of tan ankle boots that I'm love with, from Office for £45 (£50 without student discount). They're leather so its a decent price.

Topshop had some nice tan ones as well, but they were quite pricy at £65.

New Look had some nice ones in tan for £20 (not leather of course) but they seem to have sold out everywhere now! There's a black version as well but they're not as nice IMO. Though still decent for the price to be fair, I'm considering them

--
    OP, what length of boots are you looking for?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, does anyone know if Barratts or Next do student discount?

Throwback, I'm looking for calf length, or just below the knee. Or anything inbetween. I'm not really fussy. I just want a pair of black flats which look nice, don't cost the earth, and look like they fit me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Oooh, does anyone know if Barratts or Next do student discount?

Throwback, I'm looking for calf length, or just below the knee. Or anything inbetween. I'm not really fussy. I just want a pair of black flats which look nice, don't cost the earth, and look like they fit me.
    Barrats do 15% student discount!

Hmm, I've been looking for ankle boots everywhere so havent paid much attention to calf/knee length ones I'm afraid. Clarks do have a few nice pairs but they're pricy - around £70-£90 range.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! I'm probably going to plump for Barratts just because they had a few pairs, and if they don't fit then I give up!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.