Goldenkey000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve had offers from two universities so far, Durham and Newcastle. Even though Durham is the better choice I like the impression of Newcastle better.

I haven’t even decided if I’m going to move away yet, but if I do what type of halls is best to stay in, a university run halls or an private/independent one. With the independent one it will be a mix with other students from a university right next door. Will this make a difference do you think or will it be best to go for a university ran halls? Which will offer the best experience or will it be the same?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Independent may be mixed
Which is best depends on what you want.
Uni managed ones will usually be closer to or on campus depending on if it’s a city uni or not
But private halls are often more modern
Fresher18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Private probably will have people from both universities, in my university the private halls were mainly international students or people on clearing however you still make friends with people in uni halls so that doesn't matter. Whilst the private halls can sometimes be newer they are often more expensive and have smaller rooms than university halls.

I had a few friends who lived in the Unite halls in town and their rooms were about 60% of the size of mine and were £15pw more expensive and they still had to pay for the bus to get to campus or face a 25minute walk. Both places will have en suites which are used in this comparison.
accommodationforstudents.com
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello,

If you are interested in living in private halls of residences instead of university halls, you may find it helpful to check out our website. We have suggestions for properties from all over the country, meaning you can find all the information you need in one place. There are many different options including shared or ensuite bathrooms and shared kitchen or contained studio flat. Many private halls of residences also have additional facilities included in the price including cinema rooms, study spaces and gyms. You can find our website here: https://www.accommodationforstudents.com

Hope you find this useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads