The Student Room Group

reusing parts from my personal statement last year

i’m on a gap year and have just sent off my UCAS application for next year and have reused phrases i put in my personal statement last year, will this count as plagiarism (even though it’s my own work)? i’m worried as i’ve seen things saying that you can reuse your own work and some things saying it would count as self-plagiarism
I don't think you can... it's like if you have done an essay/assignment on a topic before and have a similar topic for another assignment you cant use your own again (if that makes sense)

id recommend contacting your school's advisor or UCAS to see how much you could replicate :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bambi1425
I don't think you can... it's like if you have done an essay/assignment on a topic before and have a similar topic for another assignment you cant use your own again (if that makes sense)

id recommend contacting your school's advisor or UCAS to see how much you could replicate :smile:

ucas said i can use the whole thing but change bits according to what ive done in my gap year but i was just worried as ive seen some people say that you cant - i did send my application yesterday and nothings come through flagged and they’ve changed my personal id to the one i had last year so i think they know its me (:
As far as UCAS goes, you can't self-plagiarise, so don't worry :smile:
Original post by account8037
i’m on a gap year and have just sent off my UCAS application for next year and have reused phrases i put in my personal statement last year, will this count as plagiarism (even though it’s my own work)? i’m worried as i’ve seen things saying that you can reuse your own work and some things saying it would count as self-plagiarism

ive done the same thing and it said that there was 'no plagiarism detected' somewhere on my ucas track so it should be okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending